• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
NS50 Nitesite Scope Review

Review NS50 Nitesite Scope Review

Cavatina

Very Addicted
Cavatina submitted a new resource:

NS50 Nitesite Scope Review - Review Of The NS50 Nitesite Scope

The high cost of night vision scopes has always been a problem for the ordinary air gun user, until now that is. A new British designed scope is now available in the UK at a price which is more suitable to the average air gunner. A digital camera and a 3" scope mounted monitor offers the air rifle user a clear 50 yard night time view for the sum of £399.

NiteSite is an innovative and unconventional way of shooting, in that you do not have your...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for the review Geoff - hopefully this is going to be next on my shopping list. Would be interested to know how heavy the screen/illuminator is.

Nice review Geoff.

The camera unit + the rubber tube + the screen wieghs just over a pound mate.

Bill.

Thanks Bill - I've since found out it's about double the weight of the red lamp it would be replacing. Although I'm still interested I'm not sure how much advantage we'd be getting over using the Yukon/red light combo regarding overall weight/usefulness. Very interesting piece of kit though!

Just got one for one's birthday, the battery is being prepared, there has been a test assembly and lo, it does worketh, wuha ha ha ha ha, wuha ha ha (evil dictator laugh being assiduously practised...

The NS200 model has just arrived and I think it will be used on my rimmy :D

hi boys
why dont u try and eat a few more carrots then.
maybe u wont need them then .
lol, :p

It is weird let me tell you, weird. Like shooting by PS3! Watch screen, try to figure out what everything is as what returns the best IR is not necessarily a bunny! Small stones, bits of unseen drink tins, even distant streetlights through hedges, all return or generate very strong light flares that can easily be mistaken for bunny eyes!

I had picture returns from 60 metres away (known because the power line poles on my permission happen to be 60 metres apart. Which for the kit is very impressive. You have to spend time tinkering with the alignment to get the best image. But once you have it set up, it works like a charm. Battery seems heavy at first but you soon forget about it and get down to the serious of business of looking at the world through the viewfinder and trying to figure out where in the world you are at!

I'm envious Prince! Me and Stokie were out last night with the usual lamp/Yukon Ranger set up. I decided not to take my gun and just to cocentrate on spotting. Biggest problem was communication with each other though when only one can see where the quarry is. Thinking about looking at some cheap kids walkie talkie outfit as we'd only need it to be very short range. Please keep the reports coming in though guys!

so spent the afternoon trying to get Barry's NS200 connected to the his recorder

first job. find a 3.5mm 4 pole male jack plug for the NS200

second job. connect to the 2,5MM lead that goes in to the recorder

so get something like this http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/227563981/composite_AV_cable.jpg
got them connected but got no signal to the recorder :(

after trying to connect it to an archos and his TV still no joy :(

so after ringing nite-site i find out that all 3.5mm 4 pole jacks aren't wired the same :(

nite-sites they wired the same as sony jacks like this Camcorder Lead -
so out the circuit tester came and soon found that the yellow and white had been switched around on the lead we had got. so 2min later all up and working great :)]

so if you have problems connecting to your recorder check the cables

I'm envious Prince! Me and Stokie were out last night with the usual lamp/Yukon Ranger set up. I decided not to take my gun and just to cocentrate on spotting. Biggest problem was communication with each other though when only one can see where the quarry is. Thinking about looking at some cheap kids walkie talkie outfit as we'd only need it to be very short range. Please keep the reports coming in though guys!

If you want those on the cheap the season for radio rallies is nearly upon us, picked up a set of handsfree Midland cycling fm walkie talkies last year for a couple of quid at one, oh and 12 half shell pigeon deeks for a quid too! It is not unusual to find shooting stuff at radio rallies!

Thanks for the article on NS50 i am really looking at buying one and am or was before reading this 95% of the way to parting with money. i am going to order one just in case they go up in price, even though i dont have the work for it yet.

my NS50 has just arrived today, i have set it up, all nice and easy. Felt a bit funny at first but i do like the concept. hopefully i will be trying it out before the weekend has finished

My first impressions are ok. easy to set up, easy to use. However i have found that you cant just push it onto the scope and thats it.
I had to take my scope off before taking gun to shop and having put the scope back on i re-aligned it and zeroed it. I had 6 shots all within the size of a 10p coin at 18 metres no problem, that is until i put the NS50 on, thinking thats all i had to do, the pellet was 50mm low, i took off the NS50 and all was ok. I put the NS50 back on and it was 25mm to the left. My conclusion is obvious when setting up the NS50 line up your target and zero scope on, now that is not as easy as it sounds cos you can only move it around on the rubber tube. This makes it a bit hit and miss. I tried contacting the company today to confirm this and no one has replied to my phone call all day. i just wanted to see where i am going wrong. Any Ideas???????

Last edited:
Have you got adjustable parallax on your scope?

Back