• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

'ow do

smc

Very Talkative
Just poking me 'ead in to have a looksee.

Old scout (lost the collection of badges), many a family camping trips as a wee one (in canoe, tent, caravan), cycle tourer (took a year and a bit off to see the world by bike), wild camper (even if it is just up the road above the town for a night) and have self build a camper van (with help).

Even if I like the upgrade in comfort I prefer canvas to metal, but it's been a while, so therefore I joined to get some ideas on what/where/who/when/etc

Hope you don't mind the hip flask and dog hairs.

... oooh is that a fire you got going there

:rofl: Aye oop SMC

Welcome to the forum...... and that introduction is a cracker....... tha knawse :thumbsup:

Pull up a chair and join us around the fire....enjoy the content on the forum.......... look forward to your input!!

Oh I forgot to attach a snap from one of the wee overnighters just out of town. I borrowed FiL's new tent, well new to him, but it is clocking up nearly 25 years now.

IMG_20150205_080221-1.jpg

A Phoenix Phunnel tent and the mutt who can't stand still.

Attachments

• IMG_20150205_080221-1.jpg
    IMG_20150205_080221-1.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 11
Looks good Smc :thumbsup: nice pitch making use of the natural cover:)

Cant beat the service the tent has.....and is still giving....25yrs is excellent.

Pooch looks happy in the snow :D

Brilliant bit of tent, that is. I takes me at 6'4" and the mutt with room to spare. Single layer Goretex. That night it got down to -2c and the wind did come from the tree side.

Funny side note. That night I managed to rip my sleeping bag in the zip, every time I moved we had snow/down inside the tent :) Couldn't fix it that night as I had forgotten to put the gaffa tape back in it's place it my bag, doh.

Had a poke around, I see talk about archery and HAM radios (just got a baofeng cheapo and is thinking about putting some life into my license). I wonder if there is any home brewers (beer) here?

Welcome to the forum mate, lots of interesting stuff on here, hope you find it useful.

Reactions: smc
Back