• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

PLINK

William Tell

Slightly Obsessed
Hi Plinky Friends

Ian Carroll fatgranddad informed me today of the Metamorphic changes going on here.
Ian and many other lovely folk I grew to know and call friend. Mostly on this site back then in day. It's the friendly folk that are important and the comradship. Roland still tries to to out match me in my own garden, I let Roland win...
This is the shooting section. Which sort of means hurting animals to me. John's gone shooting, I prefer plink.
When Pocahontas says John's gone plinking no one complains.
I know I'm rambling, I did used to shoot the Magpie a clever bird. A very young family member was poorly in hospital. Naturally you sit worry and hope. Sat in my garden with my gun A juvenile Magpie sqwarked blazenly, but somehow I hoped prayed even if you like, if I don't shoot this Magpie and show Mercy, maybe in some way Mercy will be given to me.
And it was shown. Ever since just to be safe rather than sorry I just plink.

Last waffle
Thank You Guys.

Attachments

• IMG_20210924_162044.jpg
    IMG_20210924_162044.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20210819_163200.jpg
    IMG_20210819_163200.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20210912_190545.jpg
    IMG_20210912_190545.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 44
Plinking is fine if it’s just for fun and you don’t feel the need to kill.
I tend to shoot pheasants for food or actual pest control (though not corvids, just the pests that actually do me harm such as rats, grey squirrels and rabbits) I don’t really take pleasure in killing but I am proud of being able to do it safely, cleanly and humanely

Last edited:
Of course it's Hypocracy I know we eat meat.
Nice to read you are very sensible. I wouldn't want to judge your ethics.
I did have my tame Squirrel Percy shot by two blokes given permission to shoot Rabbits. obviously because they like the sport and the Rabbits need shooting. Some folk even have Rabbits as pets and dogs in the house.
Basically a lot of shot guns going off a bit too close getting on my nerves. I walked down into my trees as Percy was shot on the ground. Back legs shot off, Percy crawling towards me his mouth opening and closing a look of terror and disbelief.
A voice called out we shot him in our trees then he ran in here John. He couldn't run anywhere Bruce. I was right here, you nearly shot me shooting towards my garden.
We've got permission!! No You Haven't.
That was my point they hadn't, this was all my land.
They shouldn't have been there. Sorry if this was too graphic an account. Thus is the Trouble When You are a tree hugging Liberal type. This is not normal I know, but Percy in my mind was my pet squirrel. I've got other squirrel it's true.
I don't allow shooting, to be honest, I've been shot and it hurts

That is why permission has to be specific. As another landowner I can appreciate where you’re coming from as I’ve had one cat survive being shot by someone who had no business shooting on my land and others simply disappear. When I grant permission it is absolutely species and date specific.
There will be a group of chaps from the forum doing a HFT competition as well as having permission to shoot rabbits, grey squirrels and wood pigeons during the 1st week of May

Back