• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Prolonged fasting

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Has Anyone tried this?

Iv been doing intermittent fasting for some time now. Never perfected it though lol. Nice and simple. DONT eat lol. Skipping all meals and eating between 6 and 8 o’clock at night. There are a few types of fasting. The prolonged fasting is anywhere from 2 to 3 days or longer. Almost reprogramming the body to use fat storage as fuel. Also has health benefits along with anti aging properties. For me! I use it for weight loss.

Currently am 43 hours into my fast. The first 24 hours where hard as all my cravings seemed to hit me at once. Fortunately as I hit about 29 hours the cravings stopped along with the hunger. (Well it stoped some lol) I still feel hungry but it’s more like a dull hunger.

I’m not suggesting anyone try this before speaking to a doctor. Just wanted to know if anyone has give it a go

I cant fast for more than a couple of hours ......
Sounds interesting and I'm sure ive seen something about it , I would imagine its contentious amongst some who believe it is harmful .
Good luck with your fast .......

Has Anyone tried this?

Iv been doing intermittent fasting for some time now. Never perfected it though lol. Nice and simple. DONT eat lol. Skipping all meals and eating between 6 and 8 o’clock at night. There are a few types of fasting. The prolonged fasting is anywhere from 2 to 3 days or longer. Almost reprogramming the body to use fat storage as fuel. Also has health benefits along with anti aging properties. For me! I use it for weight loss.

Currently am 43 hours into my fast. The first 24 hours where hard as all my cravings seemed to hit me at once. Fortunately as I hit about 29 hours the cravings stopped along with the hunger. (Well it stoped some lol) I still feel hungry but it’s more like a dull hunger.

I’m not suggesting anyone try this before speaking to a doctor. Just wanted to know if anyone has give it a go
I always fast between meals Mark:whistle:

its called a 5 -2 diet .... eat normal for 3 days then starve day then eat normal for 2 days then starve day and so on (starve day only drink water )

That’s the one matt :thumbsup: only this one you don’t eat only water for as many days as I can. Aggressive weight loss :eek:

Am not sure how long I can fast for (depending on will power) but when I do end my fast it will be first day...morning....dried fruit and seeds. Lunch.....fruit with raw carrots.....dinner......steamed veg.... next day....morning....scrambled eggs.....lunch...nothing lol.....dinner....veg and grilled chicken :thumbsup: After this am not sure if I will fast again for 2 days or just eat one meal a day :thumbsup:

Am not sure how long I can fast for (depending on will power) but when I do end my fast it will be first day...morning....dried fruit and seeds. Lunch.....fruit with raw carrots.....dinner......steamed veg.... next day....morning....scrambled eggs.....lunch...nothing lol.....dinner....veg and grilled chicken :thumbsup: After this am not sure if I will fast again for 2 days or just eat one meal a day :thumbsup:
That’s the one matt :thumbsup: only this one you don’t eat only water for as many days as I can. Aggressive weight loss :eek:

boy you must have got fat :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.....do you need to be that extreme ?

boy you must have got fat :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.....do you need to be that extreme ?

It’s not so much as lose weight as fast as I can. It’s more of. The way fasting suits my needs. I have tried eating less but I just binge eat after 2 days. Also tried changing my diet and again I binge within the week With fasting I don’t (well not as much lol ). Manly I fast for 20 hours and have a window of 4 hours to eat then drop it down to 18 hours fasting I just thought why not push the fasting to see how disciplined I am. I also lift weights 4 times a week and swim as much as I can in the mornings. If I don’t then my body will turn to my muscles for energy. Use it or loss it type of thing.

May seem strange but when I fast for a longer time I have good clarity of thought and my awareness is heightened.

Mark, did you do an honest appraisal of your diet and calorie intake before starting this fasting diet? It may simply be that you need to adjust the amount and type of carbohydrates that you eat. Cutting out some of your carbs in the form of starch (bread, potatoes etc.) and sugars (alcohol and puddings) while concentrating on gaining your carbs in the form of fibre from veg along with a small proportion of animal fats may be helpful to some. We all respond differently to different diets. That fasting diet worked well for me but mainly because it made me more aware of what an appropriate portion size looked like...I was simply eating too much.

Mark, did you do an honest appraisal of your diet and calorie intake before starting this fasting diet? It may simply be that you need to adjust the amount and type of carbohydrates that you eat. Cutting out some of your carbs in the form of starch (bread, potatoes etc.) and sugars (alcohol and puddings) while concentrating on gaining your carbs in the form of fibre from veg along with a small proportion of animal fats may be helpful to some. We all respond differently to different diets. That fasting diet worked well for me but mainly because it made me more aware of what an appropriate portion size looked like...I was simply eating too much.

I did mate. And my diet also calorie intake was atrocious to be honest. Slowly but surely I am changing this. And fasting is the only thing that I can stick to. All diets work for weight loss in my opinion. If one can stick to them and adopt a new eating habit. The goal is not only weight loss it’s a lifestyle change mate.

Most my fibre comes from veg sometimes raw veg and fresh fruit.

If you're eating plenty of fresh veg but avoiding the starchy stuff like potatoes or rice you will be getting plenty of slow release carbs from them in the form of fibre. This in turn will be better for you long term whether you lose weight or not. Cutting down on starch and sugar is a great strategy for avoiding type two diabeties later in life. Both my parents developed it so I'm working on getting myself much fitter before it's too late. Many people can even feel slight withdrawal symptoms at first as they cut out processed sugar from their diet... It made me grumpy as hell, it was really difficult to stick to at first but it gets much easier after the first few days. As far as the fasting went I chose the version where I had a 1500 calorie restriction (my normal intake is more like 2500) rather than a total fast. It worked well for me because I didn't get the energy gaps while doing heavy physical outdoor work.

Persistence is key :thumbsup: Something I have a problem with :rofl:

Totally agree with slow release carbs mate and cutting out starch and sugar. Am not so moody these days lol.

Back