• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
RWS Quick Sharp Knife Sharpener Review

Review RWS Quick Sharp Knife Sharpener Review

Gambo

Slightly Talkative
Gambo submitted a new resource:

RWS Quick Sharp Knife Sharpener Review - Review Of The RWS Quick Sharp Knife Sharpener

I bought one of these little gadgets to help keep my hunting knives sharp, it is about 2 1/4" high, 2 3/4" wide, nearly 1" thick, and weighs 1 1/2 oz (42 grams), so can easily fit into the pocket of Your shooting coat, for use in the field.

The unit seems well designed, and is manufactured from thick plastic, with carbide plates/shears at one end, for putting the initial edge on the blade.

When that is done, the unit can then be turned over,...

Read more about this resource...

I just bough a good quality laplander knife, carbon steel blade - keeps its edge for years and years- Ive never sharpened mine and it still cuts like new

Les

I wouldn't bother with ANY blade sharpening system, they are all crap. What you need is some good , flat oil or water stones and plenty of practice otherwise you will inevitably put the wrong profile on your blade.
How long will it be before people finally undersatnd this, all these blade sharpeners are just gimmicks!

I have a flat oilstone in a wooden box cost a lot of dosh too - and would think that would be a better way to sharpen a blade- I paid £100 for my knife and its still as sharp as the day I bought it. 3 years ago- so Ive not used the Oilstone yet lol

I'm still learning when it comes to knife sharpening but I would never try one of these gimmicks as it would then be near impossible to get the right profile back on my blade. Also, I have one of those normal 2 sided oil stones you get from a tool shop and one very old, VERY fine oil stone I found at an old auto jumble in a wooden block. All together cost under a fiver and plenty good enough for my cheap Opinels and Mora Clipper.
Watch the Ray mears videos on knife sharpening if you want to learn how to do it properly

Back