• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Show us your mittens

Tomahawk

Slightly Addicted
I was just thinking of all the things they sell and talk about when
it comes to bush craft or survival, and you never hear about gloves.
As a man that spends everyday out and about I use gloves all the time,
for cutting wood to putting wood on a fire, gathering wood ?
But I never hear anyone talk about them.

I was just thinking of all the things they sell and talk about when
it comes to bush craft or survival, and you never hear about gloves.
As a man that spends everyday out and about I use gloves all the time,
for cutting wood to putting wood on a fire, gathering wood ?
But I never hear anyone talk about them.
I used to have mitten when winter fishing Marv, under the mitt there were half fingers so the mitt part could be folded back and was held in place with velcro

I used to have mitten when winter fishing Marv, under the mitt there were half fingers so the mitt part could be folded back and was held in place with velcro
Nice, iam not one for mitts unless its real cold, but when you can free up your fingers, that's so much better.

Have a few different pairs of gloves Marv.

Mittens same as Joe has mentioned.

Waterproof and breathable gloves.

Thinsulate fleece gloves.

A very thin but warm pair used mainly for hunting.

Thin wool gloves.

Note to self.....need some new fire gloves:thumbsup:

I expect in your part of the world you need some pretty good gloves.....especially when driving the dog teams.:thumbsup:

Thin wool gloves.

I expect in your part of the world you need some pretty good gloves.....especially when driving the dog teams.:thumbsup:

Thin wool gloves.

Depends on the weather, I had a nice pair of black leather cloves that I used a lot, but I left them in the bush! My wife was made, She gave them to me for my birthday, I always used the for driving the dog team.

Nothing worse than losing a good piece of kit Marv......and so annoying too:rolleyes::D
gloves.jpg New pair for this winter

Very nice Marv....like the high wrists and ties.:thumbsup:
You had better tie some string to this pair....and run it through your coat sleeves....:whistle:.... :p;):D

No real use for mittens where I am as its rarely below 0* C

These are the 3 gloves i use most:

Top: Briers, very thick leather with a fleese lining, warm and very tough used for heavy duty including chainsaw work.

Bottom left: Light weight CAT not sure of the material but tight fit, very grippy and quick dry, used for light work.

Bottom right: Leather Royal Horticulture society, great glove used for general all round camp/bushcraft use and when not using either of the above.

Edit* I do have other gloves, see the linked glove thread in the post below

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hi thought I would share my winter mits.

Attachments

• IMG_20170613_185533_kindlephoto-331005726.jpg
    IMG_20170613_185533_kindlephoto-331005726.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 190
Less frostbite with mittens Lee, your fingers (& thumb) shares the same space and so warmth; OK when on the move but if you need to work with your fingers, either build a windbreak or move out of the wind; and don't forget to keep putting your hands back into the mittens, to keep the blood flowing.

I would post mine up but they are stowed away in stacker box's waiting, waiting patiently until the next snow :D Seriously though, the best as in warmest ones I have a the British forces gortex with the pile liners, or were they wool ? anyway, hands down warmer than the Swedish leather mits and wool liners ;)

Hands down omg, I just caught that :D

Back