• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sign language....

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
Went out to the car this morning, it's 2005 so elderly by modern standards but a good reliable motor which because of my antics has been standing unused for some time. Key in, clutch down and it fired up! Great, I sat for a while with the revs at about 3000...Ah! problem, there's warning light lit up on the dashboard. Mmm? Looks like a Turbo fan shape to me, funny engine sounds ok but I'd better check. Lift the bonnet check the drive belts, and connections and wires to Turbo all correct. Start the engine...warning light again... bugger, better dig the book out.
After a hunt I found the hand book....Right warning lights page 8

Stand down..panic over...that's supposed to be a snow flake ( Frost warning) not a Turbo Fan....:oopsy:
Frost warning indeed..what will they think of next. :lol: :lol:

The fancy warning light might be a good idea if it was accurate. Sunny morning, not a sign of frost but the Hand book said 4 Degrees and below would activate the warning...It was about 6 or 7 degrees in the Sunshine. Maybe because the car had stood so long, perhaps it was colder under the bonnet. I had visions of big repair bills for a dead Turbo, so quite pleased it was a snow flake after all...😊

The lights deliberately come on at 4* because that is the range at which frost and ice may be lurking in the shadows/shade of trees abs hedges. There is a 90 degree bend near me in the shade of a big hedge; it is off camber and often has ice on it when the rest of the road is bathed in morning sunshine! The big Manor House opposite rarely shuts its gates in winter as they often get used as a gravel trap!

Went out to the car this morning, it's 2005 so elderly by modern standards but a good reliable motor which because of my antics has been standing unused for some time. Key in, clutch down and it fired up! Great, I sat for a while with the revs at about 3000...Ah! problem, there's warning light lit up on the dashboard. Mmm? Looks like a Turbo fan shape to me, funny engine sounds ok but I'd better check. Lift the bonnet check the drive belts, and connections and wires to Turbo all correct. Start the engine...warning light again... bugger, better dig the book out.
After a hunt I found the hand book....Right warning lights page 8

Stand down..panic over...that's supposed to be a snow flake ( Frost warning) not a Turbo Fan....:oopsy:
Frost warning indeed..what will they think of next. :lol: :lol:

And there was me holding you in such high regards sax 🤷🏼‍♂️😂😂

Back