• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Stainless Steel Cook-set?

Probably designed to be exposed to greater heat on a kitchen appliance than will be generated by camping cookers or open fires.

I think i've seen them stainless Summit cook kits on ebay as well, for around the same price :thumbsup:
Mind for that price they're worth a punt :D

I bought a set of Colman brand stainless 'pots in the late '80's, I found that used with a decent heat source they 'hot-spotted' and unless you stirred constantly you risked burning part of your food; Colman's obviously knew about this as they had put a thin layer of copper on the bottom of the pots, but it soon wore through. When I bought some inside kitchen S/S pans I made sure that they had aluminum heat diffusers.

This just arrived :)
I'll do a wee review once I've tested it.
2017-07-03 18.57.34.jpg

Starters, mains and desserts can be knocked up with that lot Gizz :D

Tomshoo and Toaks titanium equipment became so cheap!

I can't understand why people now a days are looking for stainless steel.

Tomshoo and Toaks titanium equipment became so cheap!

I can't understand why people now a days are looking for stainless steel.
Titanium had it's flaws though, heat transfer imho is pants cleaning can be a pain, warping issues, stainless is bomb proof but heavy, it all comes down to what you want to carry, as well as what you'll be cooking on, cooking you eat etc, I use aluminium or stainless, I have to say though, I was impressed with Gary's Ti put stew so might have s look see ?

OK, if you own a LR Defender, you can use steel pans.

If you have to carry your Rucksack, a 750 ml tomshoo or Toaks Titanium Pot should be the better option.

By the way: They are existing in larger sizes too.

Back