• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
One part of my family speaks in a Belfast accent, another speaks Welsh as their first language while an old part of my family came from Worcester. I was raised in Liverpool but thankfully I have no accent at all seems like I dodged at least four bullets :rofl::rofl::rofl:.
People can tell I'm not from the South East but that's about it.
That is interesting. When I am around a particular accent for any length of time I tend to pick it up. I started off in West Australia when I arrived here, & I developed a real West Australian twang. Then when I got to the Territory I got into radio & television, & had to lose the accent! In doing so I found I tended to talk what I believe they called "radio international", so I had to be very careful not to do that. If you have watched any of my videos you will know what I sound like now. My wife to me sounds English middle class, as does my eldest son. I don't think any of us has a strong Aussie accent.
Keith.

Keith, you have a quiet measured way of talking but you undoubtedly have an Aussie accent. A good storytelling voice for the grandkids.

Back