• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The missis wants her own...

wrongshot

Very Talkative
Last Sunday, My missis came to the club (quarry) with me and had a shot. I am relitively new to this, and had my first go at the quarry round of the HFT,and was immediatley hooked and, jioned the club. However my other half, crapping herself about showing herself up, no matter how much I told her it was about the fun and social aspect of the sport, she hit every target (plate) on the course, the cow, and scored 24 ex40. Now she wants her own gun. I want a new one myself. What should I do????

Buy her one you tight bugger :)

I have a Falcon FN12 Lighthunter which she can try but its in been tuned at the moment so as soon as I get it back she can try a course with it.
Sammie should be at the club this week so at least she won't be the only female there.

See you sunday mate

Nice 1 Gaz, the problem with mine is that it was a bit heavy for her, (the gun).. If Sammie is there on Sunday, perhaps she could talk to her from her point of view about the whole aspect of the sport, because she is still abit paranoid about showing herself up. Is your Falcon for sale?

Ian W...

I won't be there this Sunday sorry

I will be next Sunday though, I think. Ask Gary if we are going. He's in the Forum playing cricket, again!:rolleyes: ;)

Maybe she can have a shoot around the course with me then if she's happy to do that.

Hello Sammie, you probably don't know who I am. We have met, and if you are at quarry on Sunday, you can have an apprentice.. cheers,,, Ian W;)

Okey dokey next Sunday it is.

We can swop some 'men sorting out' tactics and maybe even some shooting ones ;)

Ian if my misses wanted a gun mate I would buy her one with out a second thought..
It would save me having to kiss her goodbye when I went out shooting;)

wrongshot said:
Nice 1 Gaz, the problem with mine is that it was a bit heavy for her, (the gun).. If Sammie is there on Sunday, perhaps she could talk to her from her point of view about the whole aspect of the sport, because she is still abit paranoid about showing herself up. Is your Falcon for sale?

Ian W...
No falcon not for sale mate but thought it would give her a chance to try a smaller lighter gun.
Tell her don't worry about how she shoots everyone got to start somewhere, look at Mike and Ash :D

Like I said anit got the gun back as it's all being tuned up by John Bowkett as the hammer and trigger were crap but should have it back soon and she is welcome to have a try on the course with it.

sammie said:
Okey dokey next Sunday it is.

We can swop some 'men sorting out' tactics and maybe even some shooting ones ;)
AH dont let em shoot together :eek: we get enough trouble when MRS SPARKES comes up the place she shouts we jump just think wot your doing m8 we wont stand a chance with 3 of em up there ;) :D :D :D

Exverminator said:
Ian if my misses wanted a gun mate I would buy her one with out a second thought..
It would save me having to kiss her goodbye when I went out shooting;)
Of course, it has taken me long enough to pursuade her into having a shot, so the sooner I get her a gun the sooner she can have her independance in the sport. I'll just have to wait another week or 2 B4 I order a new 1 myself.:eek:

colin F said:
AH dont let em shoot together :eek: we get enough trouble when MRS SPARKES comes up the place she shouts we jump just think wot your doing m8 we wont stand a chance with 3 of em up there ;) :D :D :D
Hello Colin,
glad to hear your on the mend m8. Have you still got the s200?:eek:

Not to worry, got to go and pick Emma up from work now. Will you be up the club in the morning?

Ian W...:)

Will also have the S200 on loan off AA up the club tomorrow if she wants to try that.

Pete

wrongshot said:
Not to worry, got to go and pick Emma up from work now. Will you be up the club in the morning?

Ian W...:)
yes m8 so have your subs ready :D :D :D

Back