• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Vintage Army knives

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
An example of a two part and a three part 1939 pattern British Army knife, both bought at an antique fair from different stalls
629391D0-A15D-4423-8FA8-D04AE1BA510B.jpeg

There are many things that I like about these: :)

a) Well made
b) Simple & functional design
c) Despite it being difficult to prove they may have been used in the field during the war. (Sorry @Joecole ) ;)
d) They can be picked up for not too much more money than new ones of a similar design & poorer quality (I would much rather have something that may have some history to it)
e) I'm guessing that because they are reasonably priced that it isn't worth trying to fake one ? (@Ystranc could probably help me out here thanks mate)

:thumbsup:

Well the German Border Guards knife also had a corkscrew, (probably thinking ahead for if they invaded France again🙄)
Forward thinking can be a wonderful thing, a good example is the fact that I have already worked out what I will have for dinner tomorrow

Back on track with this interesting looking U.S Army knife

A nice find Neil but only a yank would need to have CAN OPENER written on something which was obviously a can opener

Back