• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

wandering

monkeyhanger

Slightly Talkative
As I slowly build up some kit to get myself out into the wilds, I'm trying to get out local to me for a couple of hrs a week just for a wander around and little bit of freedom. This morning took me off up the Hart to Haswell walkway but decided to come off the main path and have a walk through the dean as path was busy with dog walkers, and got to see a couple of deer running off through the woods near the top of the bank making it the first I've seen in over 20 years which found quite humbling as they looked awesome.
WP_20180122_08_54_06_Rich.jpg

WP_20180122_08_57_00_Rich.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20180122_08_57_00_Rich.jpg
    WP_20180122_08_57_00_Rich.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 155
Looks like a cracking spot for a 2 nighter, what with water on tap ( sorry ) :D any quiet areas off the beaten track ?

Looks like a cracking spot for a 2 nighter, what with water on tap ( sorry ) :D any quiet areas off the beaten track ?
Not had enough time to explore it properly yet but will be soon i hope. There`s a farm around the outside to one side and plenty of public foot paths through the area it seems.

OK, get off the beaten track and follow the deer trails and they will take you to places the dog walkers will never see

Hi Monkey.

Nice pictures from a great day....nice to see you enjoying and exploring.....be sure to keep us all up to speed on your progress and further outings.....the more pictures the better :D:thumbsup:

Nice picture Monkey. :thumbsup:

When that lot leafs up in the Spring/Summer you will be able to hide your self away nicely......in fact looking at it again........ you could now :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing mate :)

Nice pictures. A see there’s a deer feeder in one of your pictures. Is there hunting ?

Nice pictures. A see there’s a deer feeder in one of your pictures. Is there hunting ?
I wondered what that was as only had rubbish in it. I've seen a few deer but not sure if they are hunted, but know there is a few shooting areas as they are marked out with some sort of license numbers and think its mainly birds judging by feathers laid about.

Back