• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Watches

Gazo

Slightly Obsessed
I have collected watches for years and have a few nice ones but my best hunting / bushy watch would have to be my Casio Protrek it has Digital compass, Altimeter, Barometer, Thermometer plus lots of other great features.
A true gadget watch with some useful add ons, and a proven robust design.
What watches do you guys wear and why.

Attachments

• PRG-250-1A.jpg
    PRG-250-1A.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 162
now that is a gadget mate :eek:...............i dont wear a watch my self but i would wear that mate ;)

nice watch that mate......im not a watch person my self to but i picked up a cheap jeep watch just for when out and walking around the woods and fields , so can keep an eye on the time to meet back with the other guys,,,(i did once have a casio watch when i was at school, used to play the teachers and parents up hell with it as i could tern the tv,video player over and stop,play etc):D

Funily, Ive always had a fascination for watches and got a lovely pocket watch for this Xmas which fits nicely in my shooting waist coat. Might just start collecting them. Geoff

will have to keep my eyes open for one of them.... better that the Tag i usually wear!! (that was a birthday present a few years ago)

I dont use a watch but i always have my fone with me which i use i can fone my wife and ask what time it is.

That's a nice watch Gazo, but I've just seen the price:eek:. If you fancy getting me something for my birthday then one of these would be great.:D

Last edited:
That's a nice watch Gazo, but I've just seen the price:eek:. If you fancy getting me something for my birthday then one of these would be great.:D

Funny enough mate I had it as a birthday present, my 5 sisters chipped in and got it for my 40th :) as it was something they knew I wanted.

I wear a Panerai Luminor Marina which I got many years ago for a birthday. It is quite a dressy watch but having near indestructable screen and an upgraded sailing strap, I find it better than anything else going.

What model would that be, is it stainless case or titanium, is it manual or the auto chrono, does it have sweep seconds or of set and up and down work.

I don't collect watches per see, but I do tend to go through two or three a year as a result of poor build quality and general clumsiness. I do like the look of that Casio you have Gazo, it is very shiny and appeals to gadget addict in me.

It isn't cheap though is it?

I guess I need to adopt four generous sister, between now and my fortieth birthday, as my brother is tighter than a duck's derrière :)

They are around the 130 mark when I bought one found it to be a bit on the bulky side so sold it half price £80 well thats the way I do maths.

Trouble with watches with lots of gadgets on them its just more to go wrong, and do you really need them or use them, well perhaps for the first couple of days or so then it just becomes a normal time piece, my advice keep it plain and simple.

It really is a great watch HillBill I have had mine for around three years and I love it.

I have a few watches, For a good ten years I used a Swiss Army Watch until it got damaged by a jeweller about 8 years ago, I then used to wear a Nite with H3 elements, but then I had to get the battery changed and the straps replaced and the cost involved was prohibitive to say the least.

Now you'll find me using one of two watches for work, both are manufactured by MWC, one is a G1098 W10 model, the other is a stainless version of the issued vietnam watch with a quartz movement. Both are pretty good, keep good time and are robust without being too bulky. I like watches with hands.

You can't beat analog display I have found the best to be black numerals on a white background no complications, although I do like complicated watches.

Back