• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wetterlings axe

Hugo

Very Talkative
Back in September my wife and I had a day out in Lewes as it was my birthday, always on the hunt I spied this axe, it cleaned up really well and is a bargain of a find.
I have yet to use it in anger, but it adds to the collection nicely.
Wettlingsforestaxe001_zpsb2360301.jpg

I think it's about time we headed back up to the woods and started taking some more of those Ash trees out, i'll get in touch with the Estate Office and let them know we are coming.

Good, do you want to carry my axe up the hill then, you can play with it if you like. :D

Nice find!!

Sounds like you two have a plan :D

That we do, we, I, have permission from one of the local Estates that i work with to remove a number of Ash trees using traditional methods, ie axe & saw, best bit is, we can keep whatever we fell, as long as we can carry it out between us.:)

Nice find Hugo... love those fawn foot handles. So comfortable to use. :)

Thanks Mark. Hoping to use it soon with my buddies. I just made seven fawn foot handles from some seasoned Elm most came out pretty good.

Back