• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

North East Wildcamp Northyorkshirmoors Thu 17th August

Big G

Very Addicted
Headed out on a wildcamp, and decided to go to Levisham and camp near Skelton tower on the Northyorkshiremoors.

Arrived at Levisham, parked up outside the Horse shoe in, boots and pack on, headed off up the road behind the pub. It turned out to be a busy day with other folk out on day walks. Arrived at the tower, there was a family group there, having a bite to eat and drink. I decided to move on and explore area, and headed off up one of one tracks, and decided i'd maybe go back to the tower later on.

It was 4pm and with sky's the clouding over, i decided to look for some where to pitch the tent, i just got the tent up, and the heavens opened, with heavy showers, which weren't forcast. I was testing a new mat i'd just bought a Therm-a-rest neoair voyager, which gets the thumbs up, had a good nights kip on it :)

A few pics from my trip :thumbsup::D

Attachments

• FILE0077.JPG
    FILE0077.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 264
  • FILE0078.JPG
    FILE0078.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 171
  • FILE0079.JPG
    FILE0079.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 159
  • FILE0085.JPG
    FILE0085.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 142
  • FILE0087.JPG
    FILE0087.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 156
  • FILE0091.JPG
    FILE0091.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 173
  • FILE0092.JPG
    FILE0092.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 153
  • FILE0093.JPG
    FILE0093.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 264
  • FILE0095.JPG
    FILE0095.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 156
  • FILE0096.JPG
    FILE0096.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 159
A few more pics here :thumbsup::D

Attachments

• FILE0108.JPG
    FILE0108.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 242
  • FILE0109.JPG
    FILE0109.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 221
  • FILE0110.JPG
    FILE0110.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 239
  • FILE0116.JPG
    FILE0116.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 234
  • FILE0119.JPG
    FILE0119.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 225
  • FILE0120.JPG
    FILE0120.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 155
  • FILE0121.JPG
    FILE0121.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 225
  • FILE0125.JPG
    FILE0125.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 230
  • FILE0126.JPG
    FILE0126.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 146
  • FILE0131.JPG
    FILE0131.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 171
Spot on G .....top spot mate :thumbsup::thumbsup: The tent looks the braw mate. Almost as good as that pint!:D Tees:rofl: glad you had a good timer :thumbsup:

Good to hear the matt worked out for you..:thumbsup:

Ayeup, Gary.

You certainly dont let the grass grow under your feet......always out and about....good on you mate:thumbsup:
Good news on the sleep matt mate.....wont want to get up in the mornings now:D
The tent looks good standing there.
Some lovely pictures too buddy....thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Got to ask.....was the beer at the start or end of the trip:whistle::thumbsup:

Spot on G .....top spot mate :thumbsup::thumbsup: The tent looks the braw mate. Almost as good as that pint!:D Tees:rofl: glad you had a good timer :thumbsup:

Good to hear the matt worked out for you..:thumbsup:
Cheers Mark :)

Was a canny trip mate, I'm pleased with my new mat, should be ideal for the colder months ;)

I never took a beverage with me, so had a pint and a lager shandy at the pub, before i headed home :thumbsup::D

Ayeup, Gary.

You certainly dont let the grass grow under your feet......always out and about....good on you mate:thumbsup:
Good news on the sleep matt mate.....wont want to get up in the mornings now:D
The tent looks good standing there.
Some lovely pictures too buddy....thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Got to ask.....was the beer at the start or end of the trip:whistle::thumbsup:
Cheers Bill :)

Like getting out an about mate, your only here once ;) Was planning camping at the tower again, was to busy with folk on day walks. The pint and shandy was at the pub, before i sett off :thumbsup::D

Still got the vid to edit upload to youtube :)

It turned out a bad place to pitch the tent mate, i got invaded with flying ants, all over the fly on the outside of the tent :eek::rofl:

It rain seemed to clear most of em, i think it's cos i'd pitched the tent, with loads of bracken on either side of me, they'd must of flew over to check me out :rofl::rofl:

It's the time of year for them mate a have a few around the garden..

.Looking forward to the vid G....but you will have to brush up on your Scottish a kany understand wit yir saying sometimes :whistle::rofl:

A pint and a lager shandy :eek: no chasers to wash the shandy down...tut tut :D

I got the tent up mate, got a brew on, was just chilling out. Saw all these ants crawling up the porch on the fly, i panicked and thought i'd pitched on a ants nest :eek::rofl:

I was relieved when i saw they where flying ants, a few got in under the fly, they were promptly despatched :whistle::rofl:

I'll be sorting the vid tomoz, i can add subtitles for you mate :whistle::rofl::D

I've just noticed i've put July in my thread title :thumbsdown: it should of been August :)

Could one of the mod's please change it, when they have a spare few minutes.

Cheers :thumbsup:

It turned out a bad place to pitch the tent mate, i got invaded with flying ants, all over the fly on the outside of the tent :eek::rofl:

It rain seemed to clear most of em, i think it's cos i'd pitched the tent, with loads of bracken on either side of me, they'd must of flew over to check me out :rofl::rofl:

Lucky it was only Flying Ants Gary......could have been S.A.R mistaking it for the Hellipad:whistle::D:D

Back