• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Winter Diabolical 2013 - Jan 27

The Shootist

Slightly Addicted
Cambridge HFT Airgun Club are holding their infamous 'Winter Diabolical 2013’ HFT shoot at Shepreth on Sunday 27th. January.

A 30 target / 30 peg course definitely NOT to UKAHFT Rules ! A mixture of interesting shots, a few over the usual 45 yards and 3 or 4 novelty ones. Designed to challenge even the best of shooters… Yet shootable by all...

Everyone is welcome, members and visitors alike. Juniors must be accompanied by a responsible adult over 21.

The club is easy to find, either coming down from Cambridge / M11 turn off at Harston junction and head towards Royston. Or coming up from Royston take the Cambridge road. Shepreth is well signposted, head into the village and find the railway station. Head out of the village over the railway crossing past the station and about 400 yds it's the first farm on the left (Brook Farm)...

Drive along to the end of the dirt track to find the club. Please keep your speed below 15 mph within the farm !

Sunday 10 am latest book in for a 10:30 am start. Zeroing range is open from about 9 am to set up.

Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in Open class, Recoiling, .22 and Junior.

Entry Fee : £6.00 (includes Golden shot which is a separate non scoring 31st target for a cash draw)

For Club Info: Click Here

Tea, coffee, soft drinks and hot food at excellent prices from our fantastic catering crew...

Will be as challenging as ever, perhaps more so :eek:

See you there...

Tony

see how the weather goes during the lead up and might get along,last time was really to muddy 4 me but i loved the day there,was most excellent.such a great location and set up and the people there young and old.

I'll keep a bottle of my Christmas Ginger Beer for ya as an extra incentive to get the scope sorted in time :)

Make it a nice single malt & you have a deal:D

Only joking mate, looking forward to it. I'm sure your ginger beer is ace!

Top woods mostly set and we'll be starting on the bottom wood Sunday...

See ya on the 27th !

im snowed in at the moment.thinking how when the time comes if the snow has gone it will be to muddy 4me,but if its still here with a good freeze that morning i might make it,it would be good even if i come and plink on the test range like b4 :cool: can hope.

Parking Update

It's muddy under the snow and the ground is saturated. The forcast says there's rain coming in which will melt the snow and make it worse.

The farmer strongly recommends we take only the most essential vehicles all the way down the track, and even they may well experience difficulty.

All others. are advised to park either on the hardstanding by the farm buildings down by the road or the hardstanding by the first woods you come to.

There's plenty of space down by the farm buildings but please do not park along the bit in front of the bungalow.

Checking the ground yesterday and the woods and course areas are fine. No mud at all...

Just the top end of the track is a bit muddy (nothing unusual for this ground). Made it up there in an Astra ok. But use your discretion there's plenty of hard standing by the farm and first wood.

Just a few more bits to do on Saturday and were all set :D

Roll on Sunday :eek:

Back