• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland Winter Wild Week January 2025 - Chat and Banter

Paul N

Site Manager
Staff member
I could be up for this, but......It depends what you're thinking. I'm not gonna yomp in with a backpack, set up my tarp and hammock and pit myself against nature for 5 days. I could do that 30 years ago, and probably still can, but I don't take any pleasure from it any more. If I can set my hot tent up close by my car and live in a bit of comfort them I'm fine. I don't want electricary, showers or water on tap - I just wanna be able to be able to stand up in my tent and warm my tootsies by my stove in the evening. So it all depends on what you are planning.

I’m sure there will be a little chef or burger joint where you can all stop off and break the toilets on the way back.

@G1ZmO, when this bunch of clowns have stopped giggling, could you give me a realistic answer? Cheers mate.
We have no intention to pitch away from the vehicles, Paul. I'll be going with the tipi hot tent as I have done over the last couple of years as it's performed well.

Have you got a specific location.......venue......... in mind @G1ZmO Paul.......somewhere you have camped before?

A couple of pictures of the venue would be helpful if you have any.......or google earth :)

No worries Paul....thanks for the reply👍.......agh right.....Nice!.....Good luck with your investigations.

Back