• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

WOOP! WOOP!

In some respects she does remind
me of a Krankie
Absolutely! However she's a big improvement on the Welsh assembly leader.
I can't even remember what the Welsh bloke (whatever his name is) looks like properly...sort of a droning grey blurr in glasses. He has elevated boredom to a whole new level.

Had a rummage yesterday and I have 1/2 bag mixed size pellets, 1 bag of fizzy goundbait in the cupboard and 1/2 bag hemp & particle mix in the freezer. With some worms from the garden and a tin of sweetcorn I should be good to go.:D

So we can go fishing , but no night fishing ( until now ) ……….

The government had previously announced that it intended to publish a new rule on travel that would mean that anyone travelling for sport and leisure would have to return home at the end of each day. This would have effectively banned night fishing.
However through our contacts at Sport England, Angling Trust have successfully lobbied for a change in wording.
We are delighted to announce that the Government's much anticipated new statement on travel and sport instead now reads: "From today (13th May 2020) people in England can spend more time outdoors and enjoy a wider range of activities for any length of time, subject to social distancing rules."
The Angling Trust's view is that night fishing is allowed. A series of detailed FAQ’s from the Government will be circulated later. It is worth noting that overnight stays in holiday homes and camp sites are still banned and that with the dynamic nature of this situation the Prime Minister has warned government guidelines could change quickly so we must all act responsibly.
Jamie Cook, Angling Trust CEO, said:
"This is a happy day for the angling community. We were front of the queue with being released from lockdown and have shown that we are stronger together. For now, please stay safe, keep social distancing and tight lines."

Begs a further question that if I can spend the night in a bivvy fishing can I spend the night in a bivvy watching the stars and drinking single malt ( subject to social distancing rules ) ???

Having seen two young lads getting a stern talking to by the police for fishing in Wales I can only conclude that attempting to police the ponds and riverbanks to prevent what is usually a solitary sport is a waste of resources.
That should be left to water bailiffs and licencees....with fishing, social distancing is pretty much a necessity.
As far as camping out we were originally told that it was in an effort to prevent unnecessary movement and use of shared facilities that could spread the disease. As movement is no longer an issue then wild camping (where facilities are not shared with others) could/should reasonably follow quite soon if a representative organisation asks the right questions of the government and gets the government to amend the wording of the guidance just as the Angling Trust have done.

A chap the boy works with complained he was late getting home wednesday morning(they work nights). Someone asked if he had a puncture on on his bike, he responded thusly....... "No. f*&^%$g fishermen were lining the towpath on the canal!" apparently it was carnage and he had to walk the last mile home. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Canals are one of the few places you can fish at the moment, a lot of private fisheries are not open yet and it's closed season on the rivers.

Had a rummage yesterday and I have 1/2 bag mixed size pellets, 1 bag of fizzy goundbait in the cupboard and 1/2 bag hemp & particle mix in the freezer. With some worms from the garden and a tin of sweetcorn I should be good to go.:D
That's the sandwiches sorted....what about bait???

Having seen two young lads getting a stern talking to by the police for fishing in Wales I can only conclude that attempting to police the ponds and riverbanks to prevent what is usually a solitary sport is a waste of resources.
That should be left to water bailiffs and licencees....with fishing, social distancing is pretty much a necessity.
As far as camping out we were originally told that it was in an effort to prevent unnecessary movement and use of shared facilities that could spread the disease. As movement is no longer an issue then wild camping (where facilities are not shared with others) could/should reasonably follow quite soon if a representative organisation asks the right questions of the government and gets the government to amend the wording of the guidance just as the Angling Trust have done.
....bearing in mind, wild camping is not a "legal" activity in England as far as access is concerned, anyway (Dartmoor excepting)...........??????

So we can go fishing , but no night fishing ( until now ) ……….

The government had previously announced that it intended to publish a new rule on travel that would mean that anyone travelling for sport and leisure would have to return home at the end of each day. This would have effectively banned night fishing.
However through our contacts at Sport England, Angling Trust have successfully lobbied for a change in wording.
We are delighted to announce that the Government's much anticipated new statement on travel and sport instead now reads: "From today (13th May 2020) people in England can spend more time outdoors and enjoy a wider range of activities for any length of time, subject to social distancing rules."
The Angling Trust's view is that night fishing is allowed. A series of detailed FAQ’s from the Government will be circulated later. It is worth noting that overnight stays in holiday homes and camp sites are still banned and that with the dynamic nature of this situation the Prime Minister has warned government guidelines could change quickly so we must all act responsibly.
Jamie Cook, Angling Trust CEO, said:
"This is a happy day for the angling community. We were front of the queue with being released from lockdown and have shown that we are stronger together. For now, please stay safe, keep social distancing and tight lines."

Begs a further question that if I can spend the night in a bivvy fishing can I spend the night in a bivvy watching the stars and drinking single malt ( subject to social distancing rules ) ???
The guidelines still suggest that one cannot spend the night out............

Local private fishery is open for business ( doesn’t allow night fishing anyway ) , carp fishermen seemed to have resumed their prior activities of fishing through the whole weekend .

My Wild camping will be on hold for time being until situation is clarified . I understand the illegalities of wild camping in U.K. and wouldn’t want to present myself as a purposeful lawbreaker but thanks for the reminder 🙏

Back