• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

At your peril

Can you not just build an ootside dung’y joe, or just wapp it oot the letterbox, frighten cold callers away ;) saying that a number two would be harder to get oot the letter box, well that’s if yir aim is no braw:whistle:

ach just move up tae heven land joe we awe wear skirts way nae draws, skirts = I.P freely 😁

@Ark79

Thats not a bad idea Mark.......but it would probably have to be a :poo: through the cat flap.....not the letter box....well......unless you added a step of some short ......sort. 🤭

there could be a gap in the market for such a step bill, the do’step🤔😂

would have to have some sort of non-slip stuff tho, in case one has the the old rusty water, messy stuff that !:whistle:

Sorry to hear that Joe, I'm sure you're taking all the right measures to make things work for you guys. Hope it all goes to plan.

Thanks bam, when needs must mate

You do what you do mate. We jiggled things round and converted the garage to move my mum in, we all reach a point where things need to change. There are plenty who don't have either the money or the family to help when shit happens, fortunately you have the wherewithal to make things work for you. Good luck with it mate, I know it took my old man a bit of adjusting when he started to get less mobile and I suspect I'll not deal with it well myself. If you're used to being active, to have it taken from you must be shit to deal with. No point me being glib about it, it is what it is, its your new 'now'. I hope it goes well mate and you adjust to your new 'now' even if its not how you saw things going. Hopefully plenty life in the old dog yet mate.

All jokes aside @Joecole a hope the move is easy and without hassle, all the best for the new house buddy, my last house had a downstairs toilet, really handy for my dad when he was visiting

You do what you do mate. We jiggled things round and converted the garage to move my mum in, we all reach a point where things need to change. There are plenty who don't have either the money or the family to help when shit happens, fortunately you have the wherewithal to make things work for you. Good luck with it mate, I know it took my old man a bit of adjusting when he started to get less mobile and I suspect I'll not deal with it well myself. If you're used to being active, to have it taken from you must be shit to deal with. No point me being glib about it, it is what it is, its your new 'now'. I hope it goes well mate and you adjust to your new 'now' even if its not how you saw things going. Hopefully plenty life in the old dog yet mate.
I guess we never know whats round the corner, in my twenties and beating my body to a pulp in the military not once did \i stop and consider what it was going to do to me in my advancing years. I know one thing though I might be reduced to walking with two sticks a lot of the time but I'm fucked if I'm ever going to be pushed around in a wheel chair

I guess we never know whats round the corner, in my twenties and beating my body to a pulp in the military not once did \i stop and consider what it was going to do to me in my advancing years. I know one thing though I might be reduced to walking with two sticks a lot of the time but I'm fucked if I'm ever going to be pushed around in a wheel chair

Can’t fault that attitude joe, right one to have in my opinion :thumbsup:

Why ? Its not something I'd want either but if that's the way it goes then that's the way it is. I take it you'd be happy to help others who would need a push, if it ends up going the other way round then what can you do.

Never mind the wheel chair, there are other options mate.
DSCF0274.jpg

That's fishing gear I think, but it could just as well be camping gear...:thumbsup:

Yep. Much as getting old and infirm sucks, you just need to find the work arounds. I'm on the list for a council bungalow, my camping gear has changed considerably, as has my fishing. I'm doing my best to future proof my life before I need to. It's just another form of prepping really.

Back