• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

BILTONG

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
image.jpg

In Asda for £1 . Very tasty but it’s to thin lol .

Anyone else like this ??

We've got one but never use it because it take soooooo looooong to work heh. Just another thing to take up space in the kitchen

They have to take sooooooooooo looooooooooong to work or...it wouldn't work, your just end up with overcooked meat if they were faaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.

You get this stuff in rat packs these days, tastes like dog chews. £30 dehydrator and some sirloin steak (never use cheap cuts of meat) and off you go. I like mine soaked in Port for a couple of days before drying.

They have to take sooooooooooo looooooooooong to work or...it wouldn't work, your just end up with overcooked meat if they were faaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.

You get this stuff in rat packs these days, tastes like dog chews. £30 dehydrator and some sirloin steak (never use cheap cuts of meat) and off you go. I like mine soaked in Port for a couple of days before drying.
The port sounds good to me Harry and I totally agree about not using cheap cuts of meat

Sirloin steak is my cut of choice, drop in the freezer until pretty much frozen and I slice with an electric slicer which makes life easy.

I'll let you into a secret...I'm not a big fan of jerky but my friends love mine so mostly its made for them. Joe port works really well.

I make a marinade from soya sauce, worcester, balsamic, diced onion, garlic and chillies. Give it 24 hours then bang them in the trays. I do meat at a higher temp than I do veg, up to 70.

Back