• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Keith

Very Addicted
People on Facebook keep adding me to their bushcraft group. If the page is open to view, I have a read through the posts. I swear if I see another post on using dryer lint for tinder I will SCREAM!!!
Have you noticed how many so called Bushcrafters are inventing new so called "skills"! These are not really skills, they are simply activities to add to the "skills list"! Like beating on the back of your knife blade with a chunk of wood to split sawn timber! Cutting tree limbs & saplings with the only knife they are carrying! Making all these pouches to go on the waist belt to carry dryer lint (gag!), Vaseline balls, ferrocerium rods, bic lighters, Rambo survival knife, saw, multi-tool, I-phone, flashlight, what happened to good old fashioned woodscraft? What happened to "the right tool for the job"? What happened to primitive skills?
The mind boggles!
Keith.

that's modern "bushcraft" for you, they bring it all with them rather than find it in the wild.
when I was in the scouts we didn't have I phones and multi tools, folding saws and the like.
I knew some people who went walking on Dartmoor, where was their map? they left it in the car !!LOL. one guy even had to make 3 trips from the car park to where they were camping just to get all his gear there.

Last edited:
Where those the days when you saw scouts with a set of three sheath knives on their belts and carrying a six foot stave?

Scouting I think unfortunately fallen fell of the Health and Safety police going wild,

Back