• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Custom Weapons And Tools

Yes the ability to shape metal set against the ability to resurrect the entire banking system, manufacturing base and telecommunications network.....tough one:notlistening:

Yes the ability to shape metal set against the ability to resurrect the entire banking system, manufacturing base and telecommunications network.....tough one:notlistening:
and why would anyone want to do the latter? and is it even possible?

I thiink making one is a good idea - even if its a mess you will learn loads and its not that difficult.

Green Petes Guide HERE is a good start

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?14382-Knife-Making-By-Green-Pete

Ref getting someone to make you one - I think that will be a costly affair for what is a fairly basic blade.

You could just get yourself a Skarma

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/prod...MI5v7Dp_Py1gIVCBbTCh1ZQgMGEAAYASAAEgJMG_D_BwE

I'd like to ask why you want a Saw Tooth section ??
And with respect how much experience and use have you had with Bladed tools etc? I know that sounds like i;m challenging you but its a sincere question - have you used green wood working tools much in the past?

Oh don't worry i'm not that thin skinned, but yes i'm reasonably experienced with working with green wood. I just figure that if i'm going a simple job like cutting up wood for a fire or making a tent peg then a Seax with a saw blade can do the task of a knife, an lighter axe or a saw so you could work with wood of any real size while having to carry around only one tool. Just keep it in a sheathe at your belt and your hands can be free for holding wood, climbing over something ect. Plus the Seax part of it is useful for a whole bunch of other jobs like cutting back undergrowth, taking the bark of a log quickly, occasionally it can even be used on a carcass once you've used a knife to get the innards out, and you can use the saw part of the blade if you need to open up a thicker bone. Then in a pinch I think they look fairly intimidating too which is always a plus in a SHTF scenario.

Back