• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

DENNIS

Joecole

Very Obsessed
Down this neck of the woods Dennis is becoming a real menace, the winds are probably gusting 50 plus with heavy rain

The opposite here, Joe. 20 knots (23 mph) showing locally,although it's expected to increase tomorrow afternoon but even then not above about 28 Knots (32 mph)

Some areas of Wales are getting a pasting though and floods.

The opposite here, Joe. 20 knots (23 mph) showing locally,although it's expected to increase tomorrow afternoon but even then not above about 28 Knots (32 mph)

Some areas of Wales are getting a pasting though and floods.
It sounds as though its quite localised over there at the moment Sax

Looking back through all the 'Good mornings etc: Joe, with our weather comments, I'm beginning to think that where I live right on the coast with a couple of big Headlands nearby, this place is a bit sheltered like Eastbourne as regards weather. It's quite deceiving really. The surrounding woodland seems to soak up the wind and I know for a fact that Cardiff, 100 miles to the East has had rain in downpours, while here it's been patchy and really nothing to shout about.

The shed felting has been damaged this time and there's standing water on the open ground out the back. We are in a similar position Sax, the Potteries don't often get a pasting unless we get something funnelled through the Cheshire Gap.

The shed felting has been damaged this time and there's standing water on the open ground out the back. We are in a similar position Sax, the Potteries don't often get a pasting unless we get something funnelled through the Cheshire Gap.
Speaking from experience Annie sheds can be repaired. I live in what's known as the Weald Basin so we are between the north and south downs and once the weather gets in here it can do funny things

@Brambling

Hope its an easy fix Annie :thumbsup:

Lucky here.....been out for a look around and to check the roof.......no missing tiles or ridge tiles :thumbsup:
Just started raining again now.

We seem to have got off really lightly, must of had 'some' rain last night but not much and nothing today so far, a mostly blue sky but its a bit blowy.

Fingers crossed for those who have it worse.

20200216_110543.jpg

Got more than enough now Matt, this is about 100 yards from my front door

There has been more rain than I've ever seen while living here. The rivers are the highest I've ever seen them and more trees are down having been torn up by their roots because the ground is so saturated....so let's be careful out there.

Major problems in the Valleys with rivers overflowing their banks and causing widespread flooding. Here in the far South-West it's breezy and sunny, seemingly a different world..

Major problems in the Valleys with rivers overflowing their banks and causing widespread flooding. Here in the far South-West it's breezy and sunny, seemingly a different world..

Same on the Fife Costas mate, its blowy but not 'storm worthy' and we've not had any rain all day, guess its going elsewhere.

Back