• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wales Forum fundraising meet in mid Wales August 2021

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone would be interested in a forum meet in mid Wales in August 2021 (exact dates to be finalised with Matt) the initial idea is that it would be held over 4 days with all proceeds being donated to the forum.
Water, fuel and a long drop thunderbox type loo and some car parking on site, (£10) ten pounds per night, sorry but because we have livestock can't accommodate members dogs or shooting this time around. Firebox type stoves are fine but open fires will not be possible because of the time of year.
Would anyone interested in attending please make sure that they read and like the disclaimer in "terms and conditions of forum events" and let me know by replying in this thread

If it falls over the weekend Ill be able to make it for a couple of days at the very least :D
I'm only a couple of hours away I recon :)

I need to pull my finger out and finally get round to sowing the skirts on my Lavvu! :rofl:

Ok the dates for the meet are 20th-23rd of August. I've made Matt change his weekend off once already so those dates are now set in stone. I will start a thread to confirm who is coming.
There are a fair few trees that will support hammock dwellers while tent dwellers are pretty much free to choose where they want to pitch their tents other than sharing with the goats (bad idea) If you can car share and/or give others a lift here that would be great as there is only parking for around ten cars. we are set in the Wye valley and are reasonably near the Brecon Beacons, Black Mountains, Brecon and Hay-on Wye.
Bus and train services are a bit infrequent but I'll happily pick people up from Llandrindod wells (bus & train) station on the Heart of Wales line.

Ok the dates for the meet are 20th-23rd of August. I've made Matt change his weekend off once already so those dates are now set in stone. I will start a thread to confirm who is coming.
There are a fair few trees that will support hammock dwellers while tent dwellers are pretty much free to choose where they want to pitch their tents other than sharing with the goats (bad idea) If you can car share and/or give others a lift here that would be great as there is only parking for around ten cars. we are set in the Wye valley and are reasonably near the Brecon Beacons, Black Mountains, Brecon and Hay-on Wye.
Bus and train services are a bit infrequent but I'll happily pick people up from Llandrindod wells (bus & train) station on the Heart of Wales line.

" but I'll happily pick people up from Llandrindod wells (bus & train) station on the Heart of Wales line."

What a gent you are mate :thumbsup:

Back