• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Handmade Leather Sheath.

Makers stamp.

20180418_110051.jpg

Perfect bill. Glad you thought about the handle on the steel:cool:. Cause a forgot :rofl::rofl:

Gurders mate yi ken:D

Bit of fun along the way Mark....you are welcome :thumbsup:

Out of the workshop now and back hame ye ken.:D

Glued the stackers and will leave overnight to dry.
The Wet Formed Stone pocket will be left overnight too.

Hopefully, start dying and assembly tomorrow if everything dries as it should.

We fly out on Saturday Mark....so I'm not sure if I will finish it beforehand.......going to be tight:(

The stitching holes will have to be individually drilled because of the thickness of the stacked leather......normally I would use one of my stitching punches much quicker and easier.
A fair bit of sanding and burnishing, edge dying, and treatment will follow on from that.

More pictures to follow :thumbsup:

Hard day in the workshop mate :D have a brew:rofl: or a beer :D ya deserve it yi ken:thumbsup:

All good mate. If it’s finished then fair play to you:thumbsup: if it’s not then a don’t mind waiting bill not at all! No rush whatsoever :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the pictures mate. Proper gurders:D

Proper Gurrrrders PMSL :rofl:...........yooooom zoundin mer Debonish az the dez arr gwain awwwwwwn bey..........fer zertan zure :D

Spot on Mark :thumbsup:....if I cant finish it.............. I will be back on it when we get back mate;)

Lmao:lol: Am still trying to decipher that top part:rofl:

Ach it will be dun win it’s dun sir :D anyway if you have a nice relaxing holiday you mite work harder on it when yir back ya ken:rofl::rofl:

Lmao:lol: Am still trying to decipher that top part:rofl:

Ach it will be dun win it’s dun sir :D anyway if you have a nice relaxing holiday you mite work harder on it when yir back ya ken:rofl::rofl:

Might stay another week now :sneaky::sneaky: after reading that :p:p:p:rofl:

Yes, mate that would look nice on there. :thumbsup:

I will keep the steel keeper off of the sheath body a tad to give you room for it:thumbsup:

Not happy with the way the wet formed sharpening stone pouch turned out.
So have made another template and gone for a different approach.
Looks much neater now.

Template made and transfered to the leather the cut and soaked/formed.

20180419_104922.jpg

On the block formed.

20180419_105842.jpg

This has put me behind Mark.....sorry mate.......but need it right.

Back