• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Homemade bread

I eat mainly unleavened bread, usually pittas or naan although I will eat ordinary bread when I’m out, camping or visiting someone so that I don’t seem like I’m trying to be awkward or picky. I find that pittas keep well and are pretty versatile. Unfortunately I don’t have the patience for making my own.

I eat mainly unleavened bread, usually pittas or naan although I will eat ordinary bread when I’m out, camping or visiting someone so that I don’t seem like I’m trying to be awkward or picky. I find that pittas keep well and are pretty versatile. Unfortunately I don’t have the patience for making my own.
I used to have the patience, back when I was with my first wife. Would make bread by hand, cakes, almost daily, I homemade butter, had 18 chickens in the garden for eggs.
But I no longer have the patience, that's why I have a breadmaker, 5 mins to load it up, press a button and walk away.

Back