• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

I'm a closet tree hugger do I need help!

Nice patch of woodland you have there :thumbsup:
I'm not on Facebook, can't access the link.

No mate, it cos I'm not on Facebook, why i can't access the link :thumbsup:

That's amazing countryside I'll have a good look when Ed's finished on Glastonbury.

Can't call you g73 Tell us your name or you'll be a Bruce. I can remember Bruce you see!

Well done Gary!
My big lumpy new buddy.
Better than being short.

As you get older facial and physical bits become totally unimportant.

Was talking to two of the nicest and kindest blokes yesterday both had " not normal or average features " so who cares! Look at Ed Sheeran and Rag n Bone chappy.
You wouldn't laugh a t them.

You look very fit for your age!

Arrr so it's all down hill as we get older :whistle::rofl::eek:
Me fit ya most be joking :rofl::rolleyes: need to lose a bit more timber:):rofl::D Camera must of got my good side :cool::p:D

Gary I just had a look at your latest Video on the moors by that wreck of a house.
Very enjoyable, the food what a laugh. The wind and cold sleeping on the ground though!!

Where are the trees. Who cut them all down.
Trees everywhere from end to end at one time.

Tip for you!!
Driving along with a buddy, beside the road are endless rows of trees. Tall Poplars are best for this. Ask your buddy "which two, of the row of trees in the distance, is furthest apart"

Always the same answer, is correct.
What is the answer?

No, not the two furthest apart!!

Answer,.....

The two at either end....

Gary I just had a look at your latest Video on the moors by that wreck of a house.
Very enjoyable, the food what a laugh. The wind and cold sleeping on the ground though!!

Where are the trees. Who cut them all down.
Trees everywhere from end to end at one time.

Tip for you!!
Driving along with a buddy, beside the road are endless rows of trees. Tall Poplars are best for this. Ask your buddy "which two, of the row of trees in the distance, is furthest apart"

Always the same answer, is correct.
What is the answer?

No, not the two furthest apart!!

Answer,.....

The two at either end....
Cheers mate, My Skelton Tower wildcamp, yes the first one with Al i went ill prepared for the weather conditions :rolleyes::rofl: But my solo second one, i was more organised and prepared gear wise ;) I don't think any trees have been cut down near the tower, there's loads of trees in the valley below.

Everywhere was covered in trees at one time Gary.
Like Scotland. Trees were cut down to get rid of the farmers and settlers.

That looked cold,windy and lonely.

Everywhere was covered in trees at one time Gary.
Like Scotland. Trees were cut down to get rid of the farmers and settlers.

That looked cold,windy and lonely.
I dunno mate, just the way land is up there on the moors. Your right, there's deforestation going on all over the country, not enough being planted to replace em :rolleyes:
I was ok mate, weather wise :thumbsup: I like solo camping and camping with a mate :)

Hi mate, do you leave a comment on my YT channel? :thumbsup: i didn't know your first name :D

Yes Gary

AKA John.
Blind Bambi what all the numbers are for.
Most camping I've done has been in France and Spain. Had a night in Cromer once at a music doo. Nice place too. Pup in Yorkshire would be good. Did a Mountain bike hill climbing team building week a long time ago in Derbyshire.
Super fit then. Had a few days with my youngest mountain biking about two years ago. She couldn't touch me for endurance. Those days are over now for medical knob reasons. Had a couple of ops below stairs . Had a lovely Kona Muni Mula competed in the Rav 4 cross country. Did a lot of diving. Don't know if I still can but used to swim two lengths under, of a swimming pool. Free diving too. Ear drum probs stopped that.

Arr, cheers i had a inkling it was you, but i didn't know your first name :) Sorry to hear about your medical probs, good ongoing health and happiness to you :thumbsup:

These things happen with sports.
All is fine now. Right from about ten I have loved air rifles. Sitting in the sunshine shooting off a bench nice n comfy at targets. Had every type and make over the years. But I think you have the right idea you bushy folk. The wilderness, open spaces. Small tent all weathers open fires.
I do like good company though, someone to chat to, share the fun. Company for target plinking in the garden.

These things happen with sports.
All is fine now. Right from about ten I have loved air rifles. Sitting in the sunshine shooting off a bench nice n comfy at targets. Had every type and make over the years. But I think you have the right idea you bushy folk. The wilderness, open spaces. Small tent all weathers open fires.
I do like good company though, someone to chat to, share the fun. Company for target plinking in the garden.
Hi John, used to a bit of air gun shooting, when i was a youngun, had a webley tempest. Used to go out hunting with it, for food for my 2 polecats. Couldn't do now a days, get bloody locked up :whistle::rofl:

Polecats Gary!

download.jpg

It's a strange sought of pet, nice though.
I've been splatting apples today. No worries, I eat what I shoot. Lol

Aye, didn't have them for long. Woke up one morning, went out to feed em, bloody cages were empty, some thieving twats had took em :(

Strewth!

What were they like, I'll keep my one good eye open for them. What were their names Gary.

I've been hankering after another Dog.
Three years since Willy died.
He really was called Willy, can't be doing with the getting old and suffering bit again. Bigger the dog shorter the lifespan. The last two barely made it to seven.

Back