• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Lightweight titanium gasbuner options.

Big G

Very Addicted
Right chaps i'm thinking about buying a lightweight titanium gas burner, to use as a light weight option with my titanium pan set, something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRS-3000T...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
and one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Picnic-Ca...05.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao so i can use the cheap remote gas cartridges i use with my Trangia gas burner, cos i'm a cheap skate :whistle::rofl::lol:

Has anyone used either of these, give me any user feedback. I'll be mainly using it for quick brews and to boil water, them little ti gas burners are like little blow torches :)

Never used either Gary.....but they look ok mate :thumbsup:
Aye cheers mate, i just wouldn't mind a light weight gas burner setup :)

For £14.00 quid, i think i'll take a punt on em. Them Ti BRS gas burners seem to good reviews.

If your hiking a lot and trying to save weight....every little helps mate:thumbsup:

You could maybe stash a couple of cylinders close by the tower to save carry weight....they would last you a few trips if its a regular spot of yours:thumbsup:

If your hiking a lot and trying to save weight....every little helps mate:thumbsup:

You could maybe stash a couple of cylinders close by the tower to save carry weight....they would last you a few trips if its a regular spot of yours:thumbsup:

Yep, what i'm thinking mate, i'm more geared up to the hiking an wildcamping. I love my trangia 27 with gas burner but it does weigh a bit around 1kg.

Sod it i've caved in :rofl: gonna order em :)

Good on you mate if it makes you happy and helps with your pleasure....why not!!

Like you say..."Only here once " ;):thumbsup:

I never use a gas burner myself....so would be interested to hear what you think of them when you try them out mate:thumbsup:

Perhaps you could add a review please?....pictures of course:D

I never use a gas burner myself....so would be interested to hear what you think of them when you try them out mate:thumbsup:

Perhaps you could add a review please?....pictures of course:D
Defo mate, i'll do a video review for the forum, when out on a wildcamping trip :thumbsup:

If you want a world of lightened loads look at bike packing websites or mountain marathons. they are in the realms of cutting toothbrush handles in half to save grams!

If you want a world of lightened loads look at bike packing websites or mountain marathons. they are in the realms of cutting toothbrush handles in half to save grams!

I was subbed to one of the UL youtube channels some ridiculous lengths imho, as you say, saw a toothbrush in half but then drill holes in the remaining stub, soon unsubbed :D

Lol, I'm not getting in the madness of gram counting, i'm happy with gear i use. I'd just like to own a lightweight gas stove for brews and boil in the bag meals :)

Lol, I'm not getting in the madness of gram counting, i'm happy with gear i use. I'd just like to own a lightweight gas stove for brews and boil in the bag meals :)
:rofl: I knew my time would come :lol::lol::lol: by your own admission a few days ago you should be counting calories not grams:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I do eat a variety of different meals when out wildcamping ya know :):D;)
:D We know what you eat Gary because we have inside information:rofl: I've also seen the police reports about the missing sheep round Skelton Tower:lol::lol::lol:

Back