• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Lightweight titanium gasbuner options.

I do, but of course his is more likely than not the genuine article ;) I'm a bit concerned about yours from China lmao :D
Had loads of stuff from China, nowt failed yet, from ecigs, gas stoves, Ti cookware, MOD clothe's are made there :)

one thing to be aware of is the gas cylinders for use in the briefcases stoves that fit your adapter give off less heat than the propane butane mix cylinders the stove is designed for so may not be a saving as you use more of them for the same effect.

It's a good adapter to have if you get loads of them cheaply or can't find the proper cylinder but out of choice I'd always buy the proper item.

I've used the propane butane mix cylinders with adapter from Halfords, with my Trangia 27 last year in cold weather, with no problems. I wont be using the Ti BRS stove on full power anyway, so i'm not to fussed on how much gas it use's. Be mainly using it as a lightweight option for boiling water.

If the cycle dears are propane butane mix then they should be fine, lots of the tall narrow cyclinders designed for the stove in a briefcase are butane which gives off less heat.

If the cycle dears are propane butane mix then they should be fine, lots of the tall narrow cyclinders designed for the stove in a briefcase are butane which gives off less heat.

I understand your point mate :thumbsup: But i'm to fussed on how much heat they're gonna give out on the Ti BRS burner. Been using the butane one's this year with my Trangia 27 and Go systems trangia burner clone, with no problems. Halfords don't have the propane butane mix cylinders in stock now. I'll probs just keep using the butane cylinders, only cos they work out much cheaper the the other gas canisters. I'll probs change to a different fuel source come the cold weather anyway, either bio etanal for the Trangia burner and or wood with my Ti honey stove.

My little BRS Ti stove out for delivery, looks like it come from a delivery depot in the UK :D
Screenshot_2017-06-28-10-06-42.png

Need the adapter i bought as well :(
Mind i could stick it on top of a gas cartridge, with the screw on adapter i use with my Trangia 27, might be abit un steady :rofl:

You can buy clip on legs that attach to the cylinders to provide more stability. Mine actually have little pegs to properly fix them.

Well worth having if using micro stoves.

Just sat my AMG Ti pan on it top, sits on nicely.

Note, i won't be using it in that setup.

Burner on low and high settings.
DSC_0366.JPG
DSC_0367.JPG
DSC_0368.JPG

You can buy clip on legs that attach to the cylinders to provide more stability. Mine actually have little pegs to properly fix them.

Well worth having if using micro stoves.

Cheers :thumbsup: But i've ordered a adapter to use with it for aerosol gas canisters, i'll just use that when it arrives

Just got to love new shiney things :thumbsup::D

Looking good Gary...worth the wait mate:thumbsup:
Nice controlable heat too.

Back