• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Marooned with A member from the Forum

So trying to rail this back into some sort of sensible thread ( :) )

What would you be looking for in your survival buddy?

Reactions: lee
A bit of a risk taker but not to much no bear grills wannabes ,sense of humour because am a funny guy:thumbsup: laid back knows when to chill and when to get it done , have some survival skills and a knowledge of first aid ,mentally sound :D

In a survival situation sitting and chilling out is not the way to go its hard work and constant

In a survival situation sitting and chilling out is not the way to go its hard work and constant

dosnt have to be ned :thumbsup:take Cody lundin he takes it easy in fact the biggest reason for him not wearing shoes is so he slows down I see no reason not to have a nice chill out when it's needed.

That's OK if your glamping in a survival situation your on the go nearly all the time watching something on TV is way different from real life situation and who is Cody lundin?? Never heard of him if hes on TV then I'm out ta luck coz I don't watch TV

That's OK if your glamping in a survival situation your on the go nearly all the time watching something on TV is way different from real life situation and who is Cody lundin?? Never heard of him if hes on TV then I'm out ta luck coz I don't watch TV
Cody Lundine Is supposed to be an American survival expert who runs around barefoot wearing shorts in all weather conditions. He got kicked off a survival reality show in the states. I definitely wouldn't choose him as my first choice

Ahh right Joe say no more lol bloke sounds bit of a dill like to see him barefoot round here lol !

[QUO"nedbushcrafter, post: 42309, member: 70527"]Ahh right Joe say no more lol bloke sounds bit of a dill like to see him barefoot round here lol ![/QUOTE]
All those thorns Ned

Cody lundin is a primitive survivalist and teaches survival ned a believe for over 30 years + (don't quote me on the years )
And if you read my first post you commented on ned you will see am not saying it's a glamping trip nor am I saying survival is siting back and chilling I said "know when to chill and when to get it done ". Am no expert am a novice and happy to admit this but going all out in a survival situation is not clever. the situation has to be thought out and planned so this is when one chills when the plan has been addressed then it's time to have at it unless you are being pursued in this survival situation then you think on your feet! Not sure if teedee ment pursued or not? And watching things on the tv is theory in practice so it's a learning curve. Most of us learn with secondary information

You do it your way I'll do it mine being ex forces ya think fast on your feet a lot of things I've learned has never been off TV my grandad and the army taught me a lot and I've also read a vast amount of books and thinking fast is not about going in blindly its being to take stock of your situation quickly and acting quickly esp if the person your with might be bleeding to death or worse nothing will ever beat hands on experience trying to put practice what you learn

Don't disagree ned but again wasn't my point different situations require different approaches. would you not agree? Your situation in which you speak of would require a fast approach saving a life being pursued or reaching a point in a given time scale were in the survival situation I speak of Is self rescue with both people being unhurt if you have the time to gather your thoughts would it not make sence to do so? I don't have army training like yourself but the information I read and watch all say pretty much the same things

Quote John lofty wiseman

In estimating the rate of progress especially on foot allow plenty of time always better to underestimate and be pleasantly surprised buy doing better pressure to keep up to an over-ambitious schedule not only produces tension and exhaustion but leads to errors of judgment and risk taking that are frequently the reason for things going wrong

No a May not know much of what a talk about but am pretty sure this man dose :thumbsup:

Cody Lundine Is supposed to be an American survival expert who runs around barefoot wearing shorts in all weather conditions. He got kicked off a survival reality show in the states. I definitely wouldn't choose him as my first choice

The type of guy I would like to be stuck with instead of someone up their own **** I rate is bushcraft skills and mentality.

This is the marooned with a member thread.

How much of his stuff have you seen Joe?
Read any of his Books?

I'm not sure getting kicked off a survival show in the states is such a bad thing ( did that happen? ) - I know Dave Canterbury and Joe Teti also had 'issues'.

I think anyone that is choosing to say no to another person being with them is seriously opening themselves up to be f##ked over by nature via injury.

Just my opinion - Is the 'Loner' survivor very romantic? Yes ( Alexander Selkirk ) but not very wise in my opinion - and No , I'm not even a naturally social person - I have to work at it and I work at because I recognise it as a weakness.
Working with others can be difficult but it mostly the issues that we generate that we need to conquer.

Just my opinion. Yours may and indeed does seem to differ.

Thanks Joe that's nice to know mate I'd choose you funnily enough reason being you have a good knowledge on most things you also seem methodical like me the level head thing comes from the army all us ex forces have it :)

I'm bumping this thread, it seemed a bit undersubscribed back in 2017.

In answer to the question in the original post, I have no preference but I refuse to give permission for some greedy bugger to eat one of my limbs...One of the things about being stranded or marooned is that you don't usually get to choose who you're stuck with,.....You only get to choose how you intend to make the best of the situation. What I would value the most is the ability to think outside the box and make the most of each and every resource in order to prosper (without resorting to cannibalism.)

Last edited:
Back