• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

It's nearly there, I just need to do some finishing as well as some leatherwork to make up a sheath for it. I just had to take some time out to sort out this antler handle on a Solingen steel skinning knife where it had worked a little loose. I have polished out most of the sharpening scratches and put a decent edge back on it. Now I just need to sort out the sheath as well but since I want to sell this one it needs to be good.View attachment 17483View attachment 17484View attachment 17485View attachment 17486View attachment 17487
Nice knife Ytranc:thumbsup:

It’s been a long time since our granpa joe danced about with bells on :whistle::rofl:

The bells and ribbons and men dancing with each other are maybe an indication what those phallic sticks are for..... You have to worry about the neighbours mate. :rofl:

Enough of Morris dancers, here are some more pictures of that kukri to get Mark all excited. What I've done is to take a lot of metal off the hilt to make the shape a little more traditional. Next I'm going to remove much more wood from the pommel end of the wooden handle before finishing and polishing it.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 54
Enough of Morris dancers, here are some more pictures of that kukri to get Mark all excited. What I've done is to take a lot of metal off the hilt to make the shape a little more traditional. Next I'm going to remove much more wood from the pommel end of the wooden handle before finishing and polishing it.View attachment 17495

Transitions look seamless buddy...nice work ... and yeah I maybe a tad excited :whistle:

The dark lines are leather under a lot of compression, they make the joins much easier as they're quite forgiving.

I've had quite a fun day, we had some of the power company's tree surgeons clearing around overheat high tension wires this morning so I've accumulated a lot of free firewood with almost no labour involved. :D

Last edited:
Enough of Morris dancers, here are some more pictures of that kukri to get Mark all excited. What I've done is to take a lot of metal off the hilt to make the shape a little more traditional. Next I'm going to remove much more wood from the pommel end of the wooden handle before finishing and polishing it.View attachment 17495

On the other hand, I'm getting more wood looking at those phots..... 😍

I'll get me coat.

The bells and ribbons and men dancing with each other are maybe an indication what those phallic sticks are for..... You have to worry about the neighbours mate. :rofl:
there's more on my mind than blokes with phallic symbols and bells right now

Back