• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

Hope all goes well.....at least you can spread the removal tasks over a period of time.....no mad rush or too much pressure on you both. :thumbsup:
Never know.....you might just make it for Christmas......or have a nice New Year start to look forward to :)
We'll definitely be in by Christmas Bill, right now it's all about de cluttering after years of hoarding all sorts of stuff we've never really needed. It's called the kit tart magpie syndrome

We'll definitely be in by Christmas Bill, right now it's all about de cluttering after years of hoarding all sorts of stuff we've never really needed. It's called the kit tart magpie syndrome
Well thats good news for you both 👋👍

Know that feeling Joe :rolleyes: I have been threatening to clear out the loft for a few years now.......maybe next year.....:whistle: ........get a skip in and get "Number One Son" busy.:rofl:
Need to re decorate top to bottom....but I quite enjoy that.

Morning all

Woke up grumpy today and choked by smoke. The Boy and I made a quick predawn patrol through woods to the other side of the range (8km return) to have a look over the other side. Filled with smoke.

Yesterday the Fish River block which is a lovely 1800 square km property across the river from us was lit up around the homestead district. A southerly wind engulfed us in smoke.Then about an hour later Ban Ban Springs which is cattle station about thirty kilometres to the east went up in flames, just as the wind swung around and smoke again poured onto us. All night our eastern horizon was a flickering glow, reminding us of our own disastrous fires hereabouts two weeks ago ( also deliberately started). I called the people at Ban Ban, they’re mates, and offered help. In that stoic bush spirit they said they had it in hand...

So who in their right mind is traipsing around the bush deliberately lighting fires on people’s properties at the very driest time of year and only days away from the onset of serious rains? Thousands of acres will burn before the rains come. How many animals will die and how many habitats wrecked? What’s the mentality of these people?

Climate change is hitting us hard enough and we’ve been struggling to adapt, but people illegalling entering properties and lighting fires is outside our control. Honestly fellas, it strikes me like a passenger in a lifeboat deliberately drilling a hole in the bottom. Don’t they realise they need to live on this planet too? The more forest and woodland we burn again and again, the gasses we emit, the more the climate changes and the harder it gets to prevent more fires... meanwhile, admidst the climate chaos, these people are wandering around lighting yet more fires. Why?

Rant over.

Everybody have a great day

Cheers

Alan
It's just bloody heartbreaking to realise how stupid some people are when it comes to setting fires. I hope the rains hit soon Alan

I know that feeling Joe, we are currently de cluttering our place as well... Who would have thought that we could accumulate so much crap?

Morning all :)

It is a quiet and mild start to the day here......first coffee of the day going down nicely.

Few jobs to do..... and then take "Eddie"for a walk down at the beach.

Have a good'un :thumbsup:

Morning folks, looks like we might get some rain later but then it looked like it yesterday and nothing happened. I've come to the conclusion that weather forecasters are a bit like politicians, a different story everyday

After a weekend of watching fires on the horizon and breathing smoke woke up to a much fresher morning even before sunrise.

Gonna be another hot and humid one -so we did our leg work early and made it back to the camp by 8am for a coffee and tasty muesli..

Mornin' all

Alan

After a weekend of watching fires on the horizon and breathing smoke woke up to a much fresher morning even before sunrise.

Gonna be another hot and humid one -so we did our leg work early and made it back to the camp by 8am for a coffee and tasty muesli..

Mornin' all

Alan

Morning Alan.

Are the fires out now?

Morning folks, Off early to get my annual 'Flu jab this morning. I did read that an anti Vaccination protester claimed that it is in fact "a nuclear tracking injection which allows the Government to control me via the 5G phone network"....:eek: :lol:

Back