• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

Mornin' all

Settling down after a few early chores and a shower. 8.30am and its already too hot to be outside!

Hey folks -I could be British citizen! I was typing in this site name on my computer and got taken to a site called 'Life in the UK'.

Its the UKs citizenship test. I decided to have a stab at it.

I passed with 20/24. Not bad eh? I struggled on the questions about Irish history. I noticed there's a lot in the test about Wales, Scotland and Ireland, like somebodys struggling really hard to hold the union together...🤣

But overall thought it was a better test than the Aussie version that I once saw.

That was full of sports questions and even had one which read 'which of these horses is Phar Lap?' (Phar Lap was a champion race horse of the 1920s). The question was multi-choice and you had to select between four pictures of horses' faces...🤣

I can imagine new Vietnamese immigrants being stumped both culturally and intellectually by that question...I myself had no clue!

Have a good day all

Alan
I tried that test and completely failed it.... and I was born here... I guess I should have been paying more attention..... I just took it again and scraped through with 21/24

Last edited:
We've just had some of the heaviest rainfall overnight that I've ever experienced in the UK. I'm pretty sure that there will be some local flooding if we get much more like that.

I tried that test and completely failed it.... and I was born here... I guess I should have been paying more attention..... I just took it again and scraped through with 21/24
I just tried it 75%!

But in my defence, there were no questions on Clotted Cream, Rough Cider, Badger Baiting, Whippet Strangling, Otter drowning or taking the p#ss out of the Cornish……..I had no chance!

Morning folks, A dry, still morning with early sun here. I cleared the leaves from the back door yesterday,,,Ha! :D
DSC00832.JPG

DSC00831.JPG

Morning mucker.....all.

Twas a wild night....had to run around and hammer some bigger pegs in.
Calmed down a bit for now....but we think it may be back.
Catching the bus to Oban later on for a look see.

Morning folks, 12 C and dry at the moment and the Sun is making an effort to break through low clouds.

Back