• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

Managed to paint the front as it has stayed dry here.
IMG_20240326_130656.jpg

Good morning team.

I’ve been preoccupied with work lately as we come into the busiest time of year…

Catching up reading everybody’s adventures..

Sounds like some wet weather hanging around as you move into the UK dry season.

All good down under. The Boy had a fight with a big wild boar. It was a pyrrhic victory because he got tusked and bloody ( but is fine now!) I dragged a trailer loaded with a tractor and the wheels fell off ( trailer not fine). And some bloke moved into the district and started digging up a local creek for his cows. Set off a storm of protest and I was assigned mediator.

Same old, same old.

Tail end of the wet season here

Have a good day all

Alan

Piddling down here, I’ve just ordered a cheap OBD reader for the car and van because I’m sick of messing about fiddling with this and that when a reader will tell me the fault strait away. They’re pretty cheap (£20-£40 ish) so there is no reason not to have one in the tool kit.
Hello Mike

Please tell me how you get on with that. I’ve often considered getting one for our late model LandRovers. Is the OBD easy to use for us ‘non-digital natives’? And is the diagnosis as effective as the old ‘hammer to the engine block’ technique?

Genuinely interested to know

Alan

Hello Mike

Please tell me how you get on with that. I’ve often considered getting one for our late model LandRovers. Is the OBD easy to use for us ‘non-digital natives’? And is the diagnosis as effective as the old ‘hammer to the engine block’ technique?

Genuinely interested to know

Alan
When you get one of these modern engines that are full of sensors it will tell you if the onboard diagnostics have logged a fault, with a cheap version like mine you may then need to look up the fault code (LandRover specific codes can be found on sites like the one in the link or some of the better service manuals like Haynes)
Land Rover OBD-II Trouble Codes
There are other versions that will connect by Bluetooth to an ipad type tablet which can be easier to use. I’m still learning how to get the most from it but it is most definitely a useful tool to own.

Last edited:
Morning me dears :)

What a stanken start to the day........blowing a hooligan......rain lashing the windows...... and pretty miserable out there :rolleyes:

When you get one of these modern engines that are full of sensors it will tell you if the onboard diagnostics have logged a fault, with a cheap version like mine you may then need to look up the fault code. There are other versions that will connect by Bluetooth to an ipad type tablet which can easier to use. I’m still learning how to get the most from it but it is most definitely a useful tool to own.
Yeah, I kinda get how they work but have never used them. A bit of a technophobe unfortunately.

I think the Puma 4 cylinder motors used in the last LandRovers from 2007- 2015 can be fault read. My LandRover man down in Darwin has one so was thinking of getting one myself given we’re remote…Hadn’t realised they could be bought so cheap until I read your post.

Cheers

Alan

Back