• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Mr Buddy portable heater.

Offered to you first Mark because you had showed the most interest in it :thumbsup:

Not a problem if you don't want it buddy......it will go on eBay or sure.

Wish that I could have found one on U.K. eBay when I was first looking :rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Offered to you first Mark because you had showed the most interest in it :thumbsup:

Not a problem if you don't want it buddy......it will go on eBay or sure.

Wish that I could have found one on U.K. eBay when I was first looking :rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the first offer bill very much appreciated mate :thumbsup: wish a could give you a answer right now but I have a fair bit on at the moment mate. A shall tell you soon tho hopefully I can shift a few things round.

Thanks for the first offer bill very much appreciated mate :thumbsup: wish a could give you a answer right now but I have a fair bit on at the moment mate. A shall tell you soon tho hopefully I can shift a few things round.

Hi Mark.

No pressure at all mate.....really.:thumbsup:

I will be in no rush to sell it on when it arrives.........it will sell on eBay for sure if you pass on it.
Just thought I would like to offer it to one of our community first:thumbsup:

Lorraine reckons I have lost the plot :rofl:......must admit......I tend to agree with her.:whistle::(

I suppose I could always buy a bigger tent and use both heaters :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::sneaky::rofl::rofl:

Hi Mark.

No pressure at all mate.....really.:thumbsup:

I will be in no rush to sell it on when it arrives.........it will sell on eBay for sure if you pass on it.
Just thought I would like to offer it to one of our community first:thumbsup:

Lorraine reckons I have lost the plot :rofl:......must admit......I tend to agree with her.:whistle::(

I suppose I could always buy a bigger tent and use both heaters :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::sneaky::rofl::rofl:

Good offer and a fair price bill :thumbsup:

You could always put it down to being eccentric bill:rofl: or a bigger tent would do:thumbsup::rofl: I will not disagree or agree with your good wife. Only to say that Lorraine knows you well enough to judge :whistle: :rofl::rofl::whistle:.

Good offer and a fair price bill :thumbsup:

You could always put it down to being eccentric bill:rofl: or a bigger tent would do:thumbsup::rofl: I will not disagree or agree with your good wife. Only to say that Lorraine knows you well enough to judge :whistle::rofl::rofl::whistle:.

You should have been a politician............ya GIT :sneaky::rofl::rofl:

Just gave the heater a try in an 8x10 shed for half an hour.
Had it on high for a while and was soon opening the doors :rofl:
On low it still made the place very warm.......on pilot alone it gives a steady heat heat equivalent to about 4/5 candles I reckon.

Hi Mark.

This was one of the MANY videos I looked at before buying and while researching Mr Buddy Heater.
They do claim it is safe to use indoors....sheds and tents etc.
Being American they would not dare make claims such as this if there were any doubts about it at all.
The safety features on the heater are a bonus as well as the clean burn.
All the reviews I have seen so far rate it.
I would still use it with some ventilation for sure........but would not have it operating while sleeping.
It is no more expensive than most wood burners and I think paying the extra money is worth the peace of mind.

Thanks for sharing the link mate:thumbsup:

Ohhhh.....the other one arrived today so I am now superheated:mad::mad:..............:thumbsdown::rolleyes::whistle::rofl::rofl::rofl:

just thought a would pop it on so everyone could have a look buddy :thumbsup: fantastic heater :thumbsup:

Superheated :rofl: Yup a bet you are sir:rofl:

Good heaters but remember that a by product of burning gas is the water the combustion process creates. You can end up with a warm but damp tent.

@Harry Palmer

Hi Harry.

Thanks for your interest and feedback

Yes, mate I totally get your valid point re the possible condensation problems.

The key factor is ventilation.

A lot depends also on the type/size of tent you use and the material it is made from.
Polyester tents do not breath and are more prone to condensation especially when doing day to day tasks such as boiling water and cooking inside of the vestibule if the weather dictates.
Sleeping/breathing and storing wet clothes inside will also add to the problem.....unless well ventilated.

I bought the "Mr Buddy Heater" to use in a "Polly Cotton" tent as the material does breath and is more able to cope.
The style of the tent "Robens Fairbanks tipi" offers a huge amount of ventilation and I feel pretty confident that it will be just fine using the heater with it.

As with most things, there are trade-offs.........being able to adapt and manage the trade-offs helps.

I am looking forward to writing a fairly comprehensive review "Warts and all" of using Mr Buddy Heater in conjunction with the Polly Cotton Robens Tent tipi after our week in the highlands of Scotland in February 2019 :thumbsup::)

Made enquiries for a 3.9kg Propane bottle yesterday.
I can pick one up for £18.00..........normally have to pay a deposit but I am lucky enough to know the guy in the suppliers.......so no deposit required:)
According to the bumf that came with the heater the bottle should return approximately 48hrs on maximum throttle.........or 110hrs on half.......... which I do not think is too bad a return......happy with that.

I will be making an insulation jacket for the bottle just in case the temperatures are Baltic.
Think I will probably use a cheap foam sleep matt for the job.

Don't do what my mates did years ago. We had those gas heaters like jet engines with big propane bottles in the factory when the heating broke down. Ice kept forming on the outside of the gas bottles so they stood them in front of the heater to warm them up!

Don't do what my mates did years ago. We had those gas heaters like jet engines with big propane bottles in the factory when the heating broke down. Ice kept forming on the outside of the gas bottles so they stood them in front of the heater to warm them up!

@divebuddy

Can't see a problem with that Dick :thumbsdown::rofl::rofl:

I am hoping that @wildwood will be quite close......I can put the bottle in HIS tent and have the heater in mine :thumbsup::thumbsup::rofl::whistle:

"I will be making an insulation jacket for the bottle just in case the temperatures are Baltic.
Think I will probably use a cheap foam sleep mat for the job."

You won't need one for Propane, it works down to about -40c. Butane if different, pretty much stops working at +5.

Back