• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

new stove again

Nice …. Coleman fuel is expensive but is meant to run cleaner than unleaded …. You may need to service more frequently if you use unleaded .

With unleaded people say you will get more soot residue too …
excellent thanks for the info mate :thumbsup:

You want a nice blue flame , if it’s yellow it’s not optimising the oxygen … lots of YouTube tutorials.

Also next to the priming pump there should be a hole … couple of drops of 3in1 will help the seal expand for when you pressurise ….

You want a nice blue flame , if it’s yellow it’s not optimising the oxygen … lots of YouTube tutorials.

Also next to the priming pump there should be a hole … couple of drops of 3in1 will help the seal expand for when you pressurise ….
thanks mate :thumbsup:

I think there is supposed to be more of a difference at low temperatures or high altitude. Where you thinking of going to the Himalayas? The Coleman fuel also has a longer shelf life than unleaded from the pump (Up to 7 years)
excellent thanks for the link mate just ordered a couple litres

I've been working on a 502 coleman my father owned. About ready to do what you did and buy a new one. ;)

So I know it's probably "kit tart" fever but I managed to get this almost brand new for £70 on evilbay. Works ok on unleaded but I might try to get some Coleman fuel. Anybody else want to join in on a bulk buy?
IMG_20221125_103243.jpg
on

You did well there Dick, good price and, if it's working well, a good buy. As you probably saw, I run my Coleman dual-fuel lantern on unleaded, and it runs well. From what I have been able to deduce the difference is that unleaded is a lot cheaper but your device will need servicing a bit more often. Coleman fluid - less servicing (which is a job you can do yourself) but about 3 times the price of unleaded.

The generators seem to be the main problem when using unleaded.....they clog up......there is a wire that runs through the middle....making cleaning of the generator difficult at best....for the amount of time it will get used....might be aswell to buy the Coleman fuel for peace of mind .......Nice stoves 👍

Last edited:
Back