• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

October Scotland trip 2021

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Traveling up to Scotland and camping in the van for a week or two.....all things being well.
Been looking at things to do and see while we are there.
The campsite we have chosen is North Ledaig.....close to Oban and Fort William.......and on a good bus route if we don't want to drive.

One of the trips we feel is a must do....... is the Jackobite Train journey from Fort William to Mallaig.......will be a great day out.......and a bonus is we can take "Eddie" on board with us :)

Looking at other options as well.......Oban looks to be very worth a visit.......need to pack a fishing rod :)

Traveling up to Scotland and camping in the van for a week or two.....all things being well.
The campsite we have chosen is North Ledaig.....close to Oban and Fort William.......and on a good bus route if we don't want to drive.

One of the trips we feel is a must do....... is the Jackobite Train journey from Fort William to Mallaig.......will be a great day out.......and a bonus is we can take "Eddie" on board with us :)

Looking at other options as well.......Oban looks to be very worth a visit.......need to pack a fishing rod :)

Spent some time canoeing on Loch Shiel .....fantastic scenery, would be awesome to see from a train :thumbsup:

You could visit the GlenFinnan monument and the Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge maybe ?

took that train ride a few years ago, well worth it.
lots of great photo opportunities so make sure to have a good picture taking device with you.

imo finding a decent meal in Mallaig is no small feat. if i were doing it again i'd pack a lunch.
that said i am a self-confessed food snob -- i'm not into fancy food but i hate crappy food -- so that might be worth taking into consideration too.

took that train ride a few years ago, well worth it.
lots of great photo opportunities so make sure to have a good picture taking device with you.

imo finding a decent lunch in Mallaig is no small feat. if i were doing it again i'd pack a lunch.
that said i am a self-confessed food snob -- i'm not into fancy food but i hate crappy food -- so that might be worth taking into consideration too.

I will pack the Trangia and some beans for the trip Teef.....spoil the girl :D
We are the same as far as the food goes.......nothing worse than a bad meal :(

the fish and chips we had in Mallaig was greasy on the outside and stone cold on the inside. when we sent it back it returned slightly warmed over, same piece of fish just refried (sort of).

i would have been happy to lose that lunch into the harbour and make the return trip on an empty stomach.

Hopefully the seafood restaurant will be open when you get to Oban ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป It was a few years back that I was in it and itโ€™s on the slightly expensive side but! It was one of the best meals iv had, opted for the seafood platter ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜

Itโ€™s slap bang on the pier,, kanny miss it Ken ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Oh and thereโ€™s a modest wee hoos called CASTLE DEE MARCO that dose a lovely wee cup oh tea and a sausage roll, the bairns are mental but welcoming ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

You'll enjoy that train journey Bill but take your camera because you'll go through some stunning scenery

Seriously thinking of putting off this planned trip due to the current fuel shortages at the pumps.....watching closely to see how it all pans out.
Hopefully it will improve soon.....๐Ÿ™„

Back