• Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Outdoor hats

The Boogie Man

Staff member
I use a selection of Caps mainly, different styles and thickness, all Wool. I also have a Fur Ushanka which is the warmest Hat I have ever tried, needs to be bloody cold to get the best out of it. It tends to get a bit "blowy" round here so wide brimmed hats have a habit of blowing off your head. Plus if I wore something like yours Gizmo the locals would be shouting "Eyup Clint" or where's your effing Horse Robbo:)

Last edited:

lol

Quite Addicted
On the w/e, I was medic at a powerboat race in Torquay.....no hat..... RIB easily capable of 50 mph, pointless thinks I....

Medic gets sunburnt ears.....
Today canoeing in Suffolk......wears hat that can be shat on by elephants and still save you from nuclear fall out....according to Tilley:eek:

1 shot willie

Administrator
Staff member
I do not think there is one single hat that covers all needs?
Winter/Summer/Wet or sunny cold conditions.

So next question.............how many hats including beanies do you have? :):thumbsup:

Bought myself an el cheapo (£5) sand coloured baseball cap in Sainsburys on Saturday.

Since my post I have been steered into thinking (By a wise old sage on this forum :whistle:) that a leather/water resistant hat would be a better idea.

Therefore I am going to look into it shortly. :thumbsup: