• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Paracord work by Asemery

This is a nice alternative to the 2 strand lanyard/diamond knot. Because of its pattern I call it the herringbone/diamond lanyard knot.
herringbone/diamond knot tutorial

iJVvjiB.jpg

As part of my nephew's 16th birthday present I made him a couple of 16 face globe knots tied over a marble. He is looking forward to driving his family's car and can use one as a key ring fob and the other as a zipper pull or whatever.
LMcKA1A.jpg

Anchor Knot
Made in 1973 from "The Book of Ornamental Knots" by Hensel and Graumont. Please excuse the age and other stains (it was glued to a board). When it fell off the board many years ago it was shoved in a plastic bag which caused the twisting. I still like it. Tony

Str5wYN.jpg

A friend who is a Pittsburgh Steelers fan asked me to make zipper pulls in his teams colors. Here is what I made with a refrigerator magnet thrown in.

HdXMagh.jpg

Breast cancer awareness fobs/pulls
The small pulls are made from the ends left over after tightening the single strand star knots.

NQZhJd1.jpg

Breast cancer awareness fobs/pulls
The small pulls are made from the ends left over after tightening the single strand star knots.

NQZhJd1.jpg

nice ;)

We could do with a charity fundraising event or auction, don't think we've ever had one have we guys?

At a flea marked I recently found paracord in our local school colors. I made these key ring fobs/zipper pulls. I have my favorites and a couple I don't like at all. I will see how friends and neighbors feel and make more of the popular ones to give away. Tony

MTIMvzr.jpg

At a flea marked I recently found paracord in our local school colors. I made these key ring fobs/zipper pulls. I have my favorites and a couple I don't like at all. I will see how friends and neighbors feel and make more of the popular ones to give away. Tony

MTIMvzr.jpg

Good work as usual ;) !

John Deere
I made the key ring fob (large ring) and the zipper pulls for a neighbor who loves his John Deere tractor.

6xrOwGx.jpg

Matthew Walker Knot whisk broom
1/4" sisal rope. I added a 3rd strand to increase the size of the knot and whisking part.

QxZpiEL.jpg

Linen thread storage bag
I had enough linen thread left over a project to make this storage bag. I used two strands of the thread to bulk out the appearance (at 38 lb breaking strength that precaution was not necessary).
It is made to store onions or potatoes but I am using it right now to hold a collection of monkey fist knots

VUGF5R8.jpg

xkyAYFf.jpg

ABOK 757 - the diamond sennit knot

This knot makes a good start for a zipper pull or as a base for a soft keyboard brush/key ring fob/luggage ID

hUH6SBT.jpg

agX3yi2.jpg

Back