• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Recommend me a.........

Well not a total failure but, I got a cool / cold patch when laid on my back, the tops of my thighs between knee and 'bits' I think it's where the bivvy was laid heavy on all the layers so no space for air to warm and collect, for now I'll stick to my 'real' bag :) I don't want to freeze at the coast

Reactions: lol
"real "bag being what?

I have a 4 part Canadian forces nesting down bad set up, I'll take half of the 2 bag set up, the whole thing is meant to be good down to -40 :D

Back back on topic, the search for the Holy Grail of bags, small pack size, lightweight, warm and cost effective :)

Did you manage the whole night through?
When you complete your tweaking and are happy with the final set up........put some pictures up for us mate :thumbsup:
Is there much to do.....or are you nearly there with it?

No mate, I only stayed out about an hour, I think with another layer on my legs it would have been fine all night, temps got down to -1 while I was out, I'm going to pack it all, weigh it, take note of pack size and see if it's worth it or not ?

1 bit of kit I would recommend, the Klymit static V insulated, no cold at all and I was on top of a patio.

Back back on topic, the search for the Holy Grail of bags, small pack size, lightweight, warm and cost effective :)

Seriously...have you had a look at the Summiteer website and bags. I have seen good things said of them........

Back