• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland Return to Aviemore 2024 - Chat and banter thread

home now mate had to leave trailer on the side of the m5 ... the stub axle was worn down to nothing (scrap)

Dare I say this @Matt 🤔

Those little trailers are handy bits of kit.....ideal for up and down to the dump shifting garden rubbish and the likes.....but loading it with kit and traveling ni on 1300 miles might be a bit of an ask?

Maybe next time....add a set new bearings for the journey up ( which you did ).......replace/change them with another new set to come home....regardless........also have another set as back up as well.

Might be worth thinking of something a little more heavy duty buddy......not necessarily bigger just more heavy duty.

Glad you managed to get home safe and sound :thumbsup:

Dare I say this @Matt 🤔

Those little trailers are handy bits of kit.....ideal for up and down to the dump shifting garden rubbish and the likes.....but loading it with kit and traveling ni on 1300 miles might be a bit of an ask?

Maybe next time....add a set new bearings for the journey up ( which you did ).......replace/change them with another new set to come home....regardless........also have another set as back up as well.

Might be worth thinking of something a little more heavy duty buddy......not necessarily bigger just more heavy duty.

Glad you managed to get home safe and sound :thumbsup:
Won't be buying another mate as me and trailers are done

tarps out on the line airing out as well as tha hammock tent. will get that dry and will then do photos of what bit failed :thumbsup:
IMG_20240128_115932.jpg
IMG_20240128_115950.jpg

I would say that is a pukka job mate........nice bit of repair work........you will laugh in the face of gale forced winds in future........laugh I say :D

Back