• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Saying hello

IAM ODIN

Extremely Talkative
New to the group. Saying hello and looking forward to getting hints and tips.
I'm ex army but always willing to learn new things.
Firstly can i ask if anyone knows of good boil in the bag food to take on a mini trek im doing soon, brekkie and evening morsels mainly.
Looking online they seem a bit costly for the crap in them ? Any tips gratefully accepted.

Cheers mate. Had a look at a few chats. This looks the most normal chat :/ haha

Been sorting out my bergen today. Doing St Cuthberts Pathway in October. Just need the food sorting :) i cant wait to get out and about again. Thanks for the help

Welcome to the forum Odin, lots of useful stuff on here although we do tend to encourage each other to spend money on more gear.... if you're easily led, maybe stay away after you've had a liddle drinkipoo. :lol:

Hello and welcome ....
Have a look at bascampfoods ... loads of options , not the cheapest but the real turmat , bla band and the tent meals jalfrazi are really tasty . I know they are dehydrated but they are good if you’ve got plenty of water . Bla bands do some wet meals too 👍

Nah im not a collector of anything really. I know what i need for me generally. If i dont have it i will only get if i desperately need it. Im a walker/wild camper with a bit of mountian climbing. I dont use camp sites if i can help it. I would rather find a quiet spot camp and wash in a stream :) im still using my old army gear in part... told ya i was cheap rougher the better for me

Hello and welcome ....
Have a look at bascampfoods ... loads of options , not the cheapest but the real turmat , bla band and the tent meals jalfrazi are really tasty . I know they are dehydrated but they are good if you’ve got plenty of water . Bla bands do some wet meals too 👍
Thanks mate always handy to know

Nah im not a collector of anything really. I know what i need for me generally. If i dont have it i will only get if i desperately need it. Im a walker/wild camper with a bit of mountian climbing. I dont use camp sites if i can help it. I would rather find a quiet spot camp and wash in a stream :) im still using my old army gear in part... told ya i was cheap rougher the better for me

That's it, you find what works for you and go with it, sometimes you find/watch/read something that makes you have a think about stuff and re-evaluate. Budget plays a part too of course, same as ability which can be impacted with age. I'm a lot slower going up the hills now than I was 30 or even 20 years ago, I still get a kick out of it though. Me and my mate are going to do Hadrian's Wall at the back end of next month, we won't be breaking any records but we'll still enjoy it.

Back