• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Shooters...show Us Ya Kit?

Hi, this is a Break barrel, springer Air rifle .22 making at a guess 11ftlbs.... it works well for rabbit, pidgeon etc out to 35-45 yards depending on your capability of a shooter.....i have no doubt whatsoever it will drop a bunny at 50yds.
there is a Gas Ram available that would (If I had FAC) take it to 25-30ftlbs....which would make 60-70 yard shots a possibility. the gas ram kit from Australia is only £35 i apply for my FAC ASAP!! ( or just but the ram and keep it for when TSHTF!!...then all bets r off innit?)

Just asking really - are you able to order the FAC Rated Gas ram kit over the net ?

I mean are you suggesting the ownership of the item UNTIL fitted in the rifle ( if you don't hold a FAC licence ) is perfectly legal?

Interesting if thats the case!!

we all know perfectly well, that taking an air rifle over the permitted 12 Ft/LBS without a FAC is ILLEGAL in the UK.

we all know perfectly well, that taking an air rifle over the permitted 12 Ft/LBS without a FAC is ILLEGAL in the UK.

I understand that you feel as the Forum Moderator on this subject you need to comment as such but its just a question. I'm not suggesting one installs it - but its an still an interesting question.

I've seen elsewhere people discuss ( already ) owning sub 5w Baeofeng Radio for use post fall - clearly one SHOULD have a Amateur Radio Ham Approved Licence for anyone considering transmitting to be legal. So its in the same grey area of 'Can I own it legally? '

probably owning it is not illegal if it is not fitted, I believe its the fitting of such an item-putting the 2 together- that renders it illegal.

Which i believe is exactly what I was trying to ascertain from my post above.

"I mean are you suggesting the ownership of the item UNTIL fitted in the rifle ( if you don't hold a FAC licence ) is perfectly legal?"

So legal to own. Illegal to fit without appropriate FAC.

A point I try to get across, it is not legal for me to fire my flintlock pistol, but it is legal for me to own it & keep it in my possession. But if at any time the shtf & there was no law enforcement any longer, then I would have a gun that could be used.
Keith.

A point I try to get across, it is not legal for me to fire my flintlock pistol, but it is legal for me to own it & keep it in my possession. But if at any time the shtf & there was no law enforcement any longer, then I would have a gun that could be used.
Keith.

Exactly.....it's better to have and not need Keith

IMG_0567.JPG 012.JPG Browning 308 , 20 Gag slug gun, Rugar 22 mag six shooter

I'm not going to list them all lolol
I have to many!
Most are air rifles and pistols, I have firearms and shotguns and have shot and handled most of the more popular guns.
If anyone want an honest opinion please feel free to ask.
If I havnt handled what you are asking about I will tell you.

15965169_405229773161258_7406724183369495854_n.jpg

HPA Airsoft weapon using remote tank charged to 4500psi can be cranked up to 180psi which wd be about 650 fps with a metal BB should be good out to 25/30 meters for bunnies and birdies.

View attachment 76
HPA Airsoft weapon using remote tank charged to 4500psi can be cranked up to 180psi which wd be about 650 fps with a metal BB should be good out to 25/30 meters for bunnies and birdies.

I've got no experience of Airsoft although I wouldn't mind a pistol for dry firing drills for my Live fire 1911 LBP so is it realistic to expect it to take a Rabbit? Accuracy and power at 30 m??

Back