• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wales Spring meet 2024 Chat & Banter

Paul N

Site Manager
Staff member
A place for all the chat and banter, to keep the main thread exclusively for on-topic stuff.

Only if you want to do some more work on them. I won't be starting a new session of bowmaking this time but if you want some help with anything then it is gladly given.
I was asking as hopefully I'll be on the road by then, and I'd need to figure how to attach the bow to my bike

Dick did mention that he’d found an archery target cube or two. He may be persuaded to bring them along.

Dick did mention that he’d found an archery target cube or two. He may be persuaded to bring them along.
I have two archery targets and a few arrows. Hopefully get them to you. Not a lot of space in my little Jimny.
IMG_20231010_132201.jpg

Should we bring our bows back ? @Paul N
Assuming Dick can get an archery target into his Jimny, and even if he can't, I think the answer is 'Yes'. I won't be doing any bowyering this time, unless requested, but a bit of archery with your lovely bows seems like a good idea. So pick up some cheapo arrows. How long should they be - I hear you ask: Put the palms of your hands together and outstretch your arms in front of you - measure from the tips of your fingers to your breastbone. I'll bring the necessary bits and pieces if you want to make your own arrow. I'll also bring a backstop sheet to help prevent arrow loss - after seeing Glen shoot his bow this could be useful! :)
Anybody bringing new kit to the meet? Speaking for myself, I've got a new awning for my tent.

I hope you can find someone to dog-sit so that Em can come, though I really don't think she counts as new kit. I'll do a foraging walk to see what we can find, the ramsons should be up, though probably not in bud, so we can make a wild garlic pesto, as we did last year. And what about camp cookery, I can throw my Dutchie in the car and we can knock up a group-meal over the campfire? Are these things Em is likely to be interested in?
I'll be keen to see this new tent because you said that it is taller than you, adding 'See picture' - which did not exist. 🤣

I hope you can find someone to dog-sit so that Em can come, though I really don't think she counts as new kit. I'll do a foraging walk to see what we can find, the ramsons should be up, though probably not in bud, so we can make a wild garlic pesto, as we did last year. And what about camp cookery, I can throw my Dutchie in the car and we can knock up a group-meal over the campfire? Are these things Em is likely to be interested in?
I'll be keen to see this new tent because you said that it is taller than you, adding 'See picture' - which did not exist. 🤣
I have a Dutch too, making bread could be a plan?

I may just have enough to be able to supply some logs, I’ve been given about 10 tons of softwood. I collected two van loads today, there is at least another ten loads to cut and collect, it’s been down about eighteen months and is fairly dry.

Last edited:
Back