• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

TENTS

I had the Megahorn III, it got sent back after the stove jack melted, also found it a bit of a PITA to get a tight pitch on snow, but take onboard what you're saying about dry space, you need that that's for sure :)

madness comes to mind:lol:

Re the Kara thing (Motorist Explorer??) I just got...
It's mint, unused from the late 70's just like new and with all sorts of paperwork from initial sale..... bit like the BCT Task Force 4 and extended fly?

I must admit to buying it through....dare I say greed? and thought I'd be for the high jump from my good lady :ninja: It would need selling.........
Anyway, when I set it up, and showed it to her, she said, "oooo, that's nice!"...Where does that leave the BGC Major....or the Bell tent...Oh migod........:confused:

i have a carex fits on the back of my volvo esate wife mad curtains for the windows plus blakend out windows great i can drive away and it has a curtain that comes down so you can drive away and leave it standing

i have a carex fits on the back of my volvo esate wife mad curtains for the windows plus blakend out windows great i can drive away and it has a curtain that comes down so you can drive away and leave it standing
I've seen similar tents Jeff, good bits of kit

I had the Megahorn III, it got sent back after the stove jack melted, also found it a bit of a PITA to get a tight pitch on snow, but take onboard what you're saying about dry space, you need that that's for sure :)

Hi Bop.

How did you get on with the issue of the melting stove jack.......did they replace or refund you?
Did you dig in snow anchors to try and get the pitch tighter?

You may have these already.....I find them invaluable not just in snow...sand...but in a forest where the leaf mulch is soft and deep.....they give good anchorage.....and not too expensive:thumbsup:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camping-H...hash=item25d2486382:m:mBmsHR0QpWvFh_6mULRrLMQ

Hi Bop.

How did you get on with the issue of the melting stove jack.......did they replace or refund you?
Did you dig in snow anchors to try and get the pitch tighter?

You may have these already.....I find them invaluable not just in snow...sand...but in a forest where the leaf mulch is soft and deep.....they give good anchorage.....and not too expensive:thumbsup:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camping-H...hash=item25d2486382:m:mBmsHR0QpWvFh_6mULRrLMQ

They refunded me no problems, I did try anchors yes but the snow was so powdery it was a pain, we tramped down the area the day before as well to give it time to set up but as soon as you broke the top layer you were back to powdery snow :( I have used those before but didn't take them this time thinking wood anchors, hey ho learning learning all the time learning :D

That's cool Bop....glad you sorted it and got your money back:thumbsup:

That's the mind bender mate:rofl:......sometimes everything you do is a pain to make work.....but there....if it was easy it would be no fun a ? :D

That's cool Bop....glad you sorted it and got your money back:thumbsup:

That's the mind bender mate:rofl:......sometimes everything you do is a pain to make work.....but there....if it was easy it would be no fun a ? :D

It was painless getting a refund, recommend the company highly ( backpackinglite ) easy is no fun, we all like a challenge ;)

Good company mate had a few bits n bobs from them....refreshing in this day and age to find reliable service:thumbsup:

Hi Matt.

Nice mate:thumbsup:

Import duties have gone through the roof now :(....... anything valued at over £15 from the states attracts Tax charges.
Recently sent for something that cost about £22.00......had to pay a further £12 at the post office collection point....was not happy with that one:mad::D

Dread to think of the Tax on one of these.......but may still work out cheaper:thumbsdown::thumbsup:

Re the Kara thing (Motorist Explorer??) I just got...
It's mint, unused from the late 70's just like new and with all sorts of paperwork from initial sale..... bit like the BCT Task Force 4 and extended fly?

In 1978.......... approx. £150 according to the original receipt I've just been sent (Field and Trek) One expensive tent:eek:

sorry, don't mean to confuse the thread, I'll shut up........:bow:

In 1978.......... approx. £150 according to the original receipt I've just been sent (Field and Trek) One expensive tent:eek:

sorry, don't mean to confuse the thread, I'll shut up........:bow:

Not at all Lol...crack on mate :thumbsup:

My buddy from the dive club "Ziggy Austin" just posted this picture of the unit he just acquired.
I told him to be careful getting out for a pee in the night!
18194805_10154583858251864_6511529461746514112_n[2].jpg

:D For sure Dick:D

Add to that Multistorey car parks and overhead barriers :eek:
I think I would need to put a sticker on my steering wheel saying "ROOF TENT" :whistle::rofl:

Very nice set up:thumbsup:

Be interesting in a good breeze............................:(

Hi Lol.

Yes, that would be the question.
You would have to do your research before buying any of them.

Wind test here on something simular.

Back