• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The saga continues

Has anybody looked into one of these? I seriously considered getting one before bringing home the new LandRover but then opted to stick with the devil I know 😈, at least until these reach our antipodean shores. There are more electronics in this than a Puma LandRover and it’s an automatic….

Are you seeing them out an about in the bush in UK? I kept looking for one drowned at Rufford Ford in those You Tube Clips….

If anybody’s got one, or driven one, I’d love to hear about it.

200CDBDD-2337-4CC1-829F-CF50727D8A60.jpeg

Matt, maybe one to swap for yours?

Alan

Last edited:
Thats the landy dropped off at my old work garage :cool: told them they can have it for a week to sort out the list of stuff i want them to sort ... :thumbsup:

when i get it back ive got a few jobs to sort on it myself ( new front bumper . new rear bumper. a new ladder on the back door ) also got to fit a new thermostat but before that need to clean the cooling system out with an additive to remove all gung and crap thats built up in the rad/heater matrix ... :thumbsup:

then back in the garage for a rear axle refurbishment new brakes (discs pads and callipers including the carriers )

new wheel bearings and oil seals :cool:

I've just got the same T shirt. 12 days ago I set off and noticed very quickly that I was on 'armstrong steering', power streering unit had dropped its fluid all over the road. Into the garage next day and the following day they phoned me to say did I know one of the coil strings was broken? I was pleased because I have noticed funny noises coming from the suspension. I also asked them to check the wheel bearings and shocks. Sure enough one of the wheel bearings was shot! Got the car back yesterday after parting company with £1200. Happy though, they've sorted the steering and a lot of niggles that had been worrying me.

Stick with the old cars, at least you can change one bit at a time.
Fuel sensor has just failed on the kuga, its built into the pump, a new unit is £800 + the vat + fitting.
I'm really thinking about going back to a pre 2000 (the time computers really took off in cars) cars for their simplicity. Peeved I let the Disco go.

£800+vat+fitting is probably more than my car is worth.. economical, cheap insurance and £30 per year road tax seal the deal… I prefer older cars that don’t attract attention and I don’t have to worry about them.

Hi folks

I agree with all the above. My old Toyota farm truck is a 1996 model and I’ve had him from new. Bit of rust in the panels now, but I’ve pretty much got the mechanicals covered here at the homestead. I squirted grease into the drive line joints this weekend and topped up the gear oils… Try that in a new car! ( I think most auto gear boxes are sealed).

My wife bought a new Suzuki Vitara a couple of months ago. We deliberately specified a non Turbo manual gearbox for hers. It was one of the last small SUVs we could find manufactured as a manual and naturally-aspirated seems more reliable, simpler to fix with fewer sensors.

Buying backwards definitely makes sense in the bush.

Alan

**** update ***

first stage of the works completed :cool: ... New mot done :thumbsup:.. driving like a new one :)

got to get the rear axle parts on order over the next few weeks as well as the replacement ladder for the back door :rolleyes:

Back