• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

UKAHFT Tasters

Sparky

Slightly Addicted
With all the speculation and rumours on what UKAHFT are doing next year I thought I would post a couple of tasters that we are 99.9% on doing.

30 pegs 30 targets compulsory

25mm to 30mm out to 35 yards

35mm to 45mm any distance

10 yard minimum distance

10 venues including the Pre Season + The Gathering so thats makes 11 shoots.

.22 class (which includes .25)

.20 will come under 177

Have the shoots 3 weeks apart.

General rules there are no plans at present to change them, but one amendment will be

“The Organisers reserve the right to amend and adjust any shooters scorecard at any time during the series, if infringements of the rules or evidence of cheating/mistakes are subsequently discovered during or after the scheduled eventsâ€

The forced shots which are max 3 standing, 3 kneeling and 4 prone (which should have been enforced this season) we are going to make sure they are in next season

No reduced kills on forced standers or kneelers

With the odd size killzones there will only be a few out, majority will be 25mm & 40mm with a couple of odd sizes thrown in.

Hosting Clubs

Entry fee will be £6 per shooter including the £1 for the Bonus Bunnie

UKAHFT will take a £1 per entry, e.g. if there are 100 shooters UKAHFT would get £100 and the club would have £400. The Bonus Bunny money is split between UKAHFT & the winner/winners of the BB.

With the Night shoot and Side shoots clubs can either give the takings or a trophy, we suggest a trophy as this seems to be the popular choice in the 2004 season.

All clubs must have the facility for camping which should be no more than £5 per pitch Not Per Person,and supply a toilet and messing facilities such as a burger van/Canteen for the day of the shoot.

A zero range of some sort must be available from the Saturday afternoon.

Next season all hosting clubs must be able to set up their own course not the organisers, but UKAHFT will oversee or check the course when they arrive.

One final thing All clubs must inform their club members they must abide by the UKAHFT rules on the day.

Pete

Just one new rules you missed out Pete

All persons attending UKAHFT events must at all times, treat the organisers with the utmost respect and show them unconditional hospitality.

Steve the heading is UKAHFT Taster the main course is yet to come

Fine on the whole Pete but the only problem I can see is with the camping mate - in the situation where the landowner rather than the club sets the fee for camping (e.g. Millride) then clubs obviously dont have any leeway - in the case of Millride, it would me the club subsidising the camping - as a small club, this wouldnt be feasible.

It might not be an issue in future, but other clubs might have a problem

Just a thought mate

LeeH

Davros said:
Fine on the whole Pete but the only problem I can see is with the camping mate - in the situation where the landowner rather than the club sets the fee for camping (e.g. Millride) then clubs obviously dont have any leeway - in the case of Millride, it would me the club subsidising the camping - as a small club, this wouldnt be feasible.

It might not be an issue in future, but other clubs might have a problem

Just a thought mate

LeeH
I know what you are saying but i don't think its fair to charge per person as i'll use Dave Liily as an example him his wife and 3 kids that would cost him £25, now to me thats greed from the landowner and i think clubs should explain to them that they are making enough from the campers.

Pete

Yep I agree £5 per nite per pitch is plenty or even better what we done at Quarry , Chester & Ford £5 per pitch for the weekend.

Exverminator said:
Just one new rules you missed out Pete

All persons attending UKAHFT events must at all times, treat the organisers with the utmost respect and show them unconditional hospitality.

Steve the heading is UKAHFT Taster the main course is yet to come

I agree Lou plus free camping , drinks, cakes , fags and a gofo to carry our guns around the course. oh and someone to fan you if it's hot :D ;)

Forgot to add all Women shooters will have to wear mini skirts and cammo knickers:rolleyes:

Pete

well done, i especially like the mini skirt rule and camo knickers, can i please enforce that rule personally?:D :D :D

Daystateman said:
well done, i especially like the mini skirt rule and camo knickers, can i please enforce that rule personally?:D :D :D

Hows does "Chief Thong" man sound:D

Pete

Sparky said:
I know what you are saying but i don't think its fair to charge per person as i'll use Dave Liily as an example him his wife and 3 kids that would cost him £25, now to me thats greed from the landowner and i think clubs should explain to them that they are making enough from the campers.

Pete
BTW Pete, there are 4 Lilley Girls + G&D.. makes 6 :p

100% behind all what you said Pete, rules and regulations sound spot on....

The camping, I would say £5 per pitch, whether it be per night or weekend and no more, IMHO £5 per person per night is robbery..... Imagime at Ford both Dave Lilley and myself brought our families along... would that be 6 x £5 (The Lilleys) and 4 x £5 (The Holmes's), that £50 per night..

Everything else is spot on, I like the one about no reducers on forced standers and kneelers... :D :D :D

Ian :D

Look - I know that £5 per person is bad - but then I dont own the land do I? If we dont pay what the land owner asks, then we cant camp, simple as. The matter has been resolved for future events, and its okay saying that £5 per person per night is too much, but Millride isnt as lucky as some of the other clubs with regards to cheap land fees etc (some, not all clubs).

I have had this argument with many people before, and it just seems like you are wasting you breath - if the land owner wants the money, you pay them or you dont camp - people also forget some of the camping money went towards having the club house open all nite for people to get in out the cold and play pool - some of these things have a price my friends.

Just to clarify, Millride is £5 per nite per pitch - if you have a problem, tell the land owner, don't bitch at messenger

End of Rant

LeeH

Yes, I have had a bad weekend

Davros said:
but then I dont own the land do I? If we dont pay what the land owner asks, then we cant camp, simple as.

if the land owner wants the money, you pay them or you dont camp

Just to clarify, Millride is £5 per nite per pitch - if you have a problem, tell the land owner, don't bitch at messenger

LeeH[/QUOTE=Davros]

Now then Folks I had a long indepth conversation regarding charges with Lee when arranging the fortcoming shoot "The Gathering" ...we have sorted out the best deal possible.
I must say I was quite shocked to learn what the landlord takes from the Millride club regarding shooting fees let alone the 100% that he takes for the camping. Millride are in the unfortunate position of paying a heavy premium to shoot on the ground unlike some other clubs who pay relatively little. In real terms after paying the landlord and buying trophies for round 2 their profit margin was very slim indeed albeit 140+ shooters went through the gate.

Things cost what they cost, some get things cheaper than others we do our best to regulate things so a status Quo is acheived at all events
....Now someone tell me why the busterds who operate the M6 toll road were allowed to increase the toll by 50% without any complaints;)

do our best to regulate things so a status Quo is acheived at all events
;)[/QUOTE]
Are they playing a charity Gig there as well ;) :D :D

Kev

stop the winging about millride ie ftspy. and lets talk more about hft mini skirts:D

If people read things properly nothing was mentioned about the gathering, we were talking about NEXT SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete

PS Rant Over

Sparky said:
If people read things properly nothing was mentioned about the gathering, we were talking about NEXT SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pete
PS Rant Over
Oi!!! PMT Pete:p
I was using Milride as a example (as most moans about camping fees this year generated from their event), Looking Ahead to NEXT SEASON, no doubt they will have the same ground, same landlord & same extortionate fees to pay to him :(.
I only used the Gathering as a reference to my chat with lee (which brought to light what they have to pay out)...So Read things Properly ;) ;)

Back