• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

UKAHFT Tasters

Davros said:
Look - I know that £5 per person is bad - but then I dont own the land do I? If we dont pay what the land owner asks, then we cant camp, simple as. The matter has been resolved for future events, and its okay saying that £5 per person per night is too much, but Millride isnt as lucky as some of the other clubs with regards to cheap land fees etc (some, not all clubs).

I have had this argument with many people before, and it just seems like you are wasting you breath - if the land owner wants the money, you pay them or you dont camp - people also forget some of the camping money went towards having the club house open all nite for people to get in out the cold and play pool - some of these things have a price my friends.

Just to clarify, Millride is £5 per nite per pitch - if you have a problem, tell the land owner, don't bitch at messenger

End of Rant

LeeH

Yes, I have had a bad weekend
Lee, I wasn't having a go at you and I didn't have a bad weekend... Everton didn't play so they couldn't lose.. :D :D

All I'm saying is that if anybody who normally took their families to shoots (ie Dave Lilley) might abstain purely for a monetary reason.... I know I would.. :p

Ian :D

Exverminator said:
Oi!!! PMT Pete:p
Looking Ahead to NEXT SEASON, no doubt they will have the same ground, same landlord & same extortionate fees to pay to him :(.
Yes but for the sake of a Landowner wanting to try and skank an extra say £50-£75 they could end up losing out on earning £200-£300.

Pete

All clubs must have the facility for camping which should be no more than £5 per pitch Not Per Person,and supply a toilet and messing facilities such as a burger van/Canteen for the day of the shoot.

That is a quote from petes intended rules for next season so i take from that if the clubs landowner wants more then the club needs to A. pay him the difference out of the profit from entry fee's or

B. not host a round because they CAN NOT meet the criteria that the UKAHFT have asked for from clubs hosting a round

it has amazed me this year that the criteria for hosting a round was a public document and all the clubs knew in advance what they needed to supply and or arrange for the day of the shoot and the saturday yet certain things were omited from the list by certain clubs

In my opinion we pay for the shoot on the sunday some of which goes to the club some of which goes to UKAHFT but things like the plinking/zero range for the saturday is imperative for the campers. Lee i understand that some of the money went to the cafe to stay open m8 but what about all the money spent in there on the saturday and sunday i am bloody sure they dont get 140 odd extra customers every weekend and again i know it aint your fault m8 but you are the contact name in respect to UKAHFT at Millride

Back