• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

What did Santa bring you?

Well....... Santa was very kind...... :xmas-smilie:

Spoilt.

One Tegris Bungalow 2 shelter.
Bodum Coffee travel press.
GoPro Hero 7 Black.
Sigg hot and cold food jar.
Some hand carving books.

Best present by far was sharing time with the family.

Very lucky and happy Chappy :thumbsup:

Fairly quiet this year although I've still to get stuff from the outlaws and bro in law.

IMG_20191226_110050.jpg

Chose the boots myself, Haix all leather jobs although I'd hoped they had the fancier lacing system like the issue boots I have. Hey ho, they'll be on my feet for the duration when I'm wearing them. The cheese making kit was a pleasant surprise from the missus, looking forward to having a play. Any cash we've got is going towards a new shed for the allotment, not very rock 'n roll but for us a good use of the cash.

Fairly quiet this year although I've still to get stuff from the outlaws and bro in law.

View attachment 19997

Chose the boots myself, Haix all leather jobs although I'd hoped they had the fancier lacing system like the issue boots I have. Hey ho, they'll be on my feet for the duration when I'm wearing them. The cheese making kit was a pleasant surprise from the missus, looking forward to having a play. Any cash we've got is going towards a new shed for the allotment, not very rock 'n roll but for us a good use of the cash.

Nice boots šŸ‘

Very nice Paul.....lucky man ;)

Just looking at your chair mate.....I see it has adjustable height on the legs....most of that type are too low for me :whistle:
But.....that could a game changer for me....could you add a photo on here to show you sat at max height adjustment please mate.;)

After some horse trading with the missus over xmas money and stuff, I've just purchased one of these. We've used amazon vouchers towards it so works out cheaper than getting something very similar for Ā£115 from Go Outdoors.

Should arrive in the new year, that's my bedroom sorted for the Feb trip, least that's the plan although I'll have options.

After some horse trading with the missus over xmas money and stuff, I've just purchased one of these. We've used amazon vouchers towards it so works out cheaper than getting something very similar for Ā£115 from Go Outdoors.

Should arrive in the new year, that's my bedroom sorted for the Feb trip, least that's the plan although I'll have options.
That's pretty much identical to my Regatta Bam including dimensions and the very shape and design makes it an ideal rough weather tent I usually use mine with my 3x3 DD tarp as a porch extension

Reactions: Bam
That's pretty much identical to my Regatta Bam including dimensions and the very shape and design makes it an ideal rough weather tent I usually use mine with my 3x3 DD tarp as a porch extension
Cheers mate, rigging it with the DD tarp is the plan, for Feb (assuming there's the space) the intention is to rig the tarp between me and Smurf's tent as an admin area. Longer term it should be big enough for me and the missus & mutts if we need to use it. Her idea of hell right enough. :lol:

Cheers mate, rigging it with the DD tarp is the plan, for Feb (assuming there's the space) the intention is to rig the tarp between me and Smurf's tent as an admin area. Longer term it should be big enough for me and the missus & mutts if we need to use it. Her idea of hell right enough. :lol:
Sounds like a good plan Bam, just bear in mind where you and Smurf are going to peg out the rigging lines and not wanting to teach granny to suck eggs but think about the prevailing weather when pitching otherwise you and smurf might end up sitting in a wind tunnel when your under the tarp. For me using a set up like you describe I would use something like a windbreak (the sort you use on the beach) behind the tarp. They are cheap enough and the two of you can have a practice set up and trim the wind break to the appropriate length

Sounds like a good plan Bam, just bear in mind where you and Smurf are going to peg out the rigging lines and not wanting to teach granny to suck eggs but think about the prevailing weather when pitching otherwise you and smurf might end up sitting in a wind tunnel when your under the tarp. For me using a set up like you describe I would use something like a windbreak (the sort you use on the beach) behind the tarp. They are cheap enough and the two of you can have a practice set up and trim the wind break to the appropriate length

Planned on having a 'side and top' set up if its blowy Joe but will play it by ear, we'll have a couple of tarps with us anyway so can tweak as required. Looking forward to having a play. :)

Planned on having a 'side and top' set up if its blowy Joe but will play it by ear, we'll have a couple of tarps with us anyway so can tweak as required. Looking forward to having a play. :)
Photos when you do mate :thumbsup:

View attachment 19997

Blessed are the cheese-makers ! :thumbsup:

• Haha
:lol:
Wow....Thank you for taking the time to do that video Paul.....much appreciated :thumbsup:
It shows off the seating position perfectly.
I will give this one some serious thought.....nice chair.....and the wine just completes it.....cheers mate ;):thumbsup::rofl:
I should check the maximum load before you buy Bill:alert::lol:

• Haha
Back