• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Yet another rescue.

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
I've just been called out to collect a young spanielxlabrador bitch that had been abandoned in a bed sit flat by some waste of skin pot herb druggie.. She is skin and bone with no house training but in all other ways she is such a little sweet heart.
Hard to believe she was fending off two people before I turned up.

Some people shouldn’t have pets, it’s hard not to judge folk like that from sitting here ......Fair play for rescuing her 👍🏻 And am with bam a little justice would be allowed 😉

No Mark & Andy, the lad is AWOL but his flat would have been of interest to plod even without her barking.

It breaks your heart doesn't it, I'm all for a reintroduction of a dug licence. Exemptions for the old etc but it seems every couple of schemies/neds/chavs (whatever you want to call them) that throw themselves together in an attempt to find happiness want to have a dog to make them an instant family.

I'm not sure if this still applies, but the 'Homeless' people who flocked to Sussex seaside Towns every Summer years ago, and who invariably took up residence in shop doorways, always had a 'pet' dog usually on a length of string.

I learned that many claimed it was for company, others, often the ladies of the street, claimed they were for protection. Fair enough.
Later I found out that ownership of a Dog boosted their benefits by at that time I think it was £7 extra a week. They could claim dog food allowance, which kept them in spliffs or cheap vino. The dogs lived on Mac D's, chips or anything else that could either be found in bins or well meaning members of the public fed the poor hungry dogs

The number of abandoned Dogs rocketed when the homeless were provided with accommodation and the food grant was stopped.....
With the new Benefits systems in force now I suspect different rules apply.

It is a known fact that a cute dog can boost the takings of a person begging on the streets. What people wouldn't give to your average homeless guy they will instead cheerfully give in order to help feed the homeless guy's dog.
It sounds cynical but I've seen it time and time again.

I was homeless once, only for a couple of months during the National Seaman's strike in the 1960's. Fortunately it was in the Summer. No ship, no home and no paid benefits obviously. Union weekly Strike Money bought a couple of cafe meals..that was all. If I'd had a dog then I would have ate it ....:rofl:

Well done on the rescue Mike......hope you and the pup bond well....she is a lucky girl finding a new home with you :thumbsup:

Good luck both :)

Already asked for above.....let's have some pictures.

There are going to be vet bills....check up etc.....I will gladly donate towards that with you.....just PM me mate :thumbsup:

It's probably not a forever home Bill although I would cheerfully keep her. She will stay with us for assessment, feeding up and training. She may already have a new forever home lined up on a country estate in Norfolk.

Well thats very good news on the "forever home" front mate....sounds like an ideal setting for her........offer stands if you do have vet fees to pay for her :thumbsup:

Reactions: Bam
This is what she looks like. She's getting on well with the others but she gets tired easily. Her mix of breeds springer x lab is part guesswork on my part. Her digestion is a bit messed up going from no food for days to small amounts often. She was also very dehydrated and drank loads so I was up and out at 0500 to take her for a huge and very smelly wee (her not me) and she can't half fart....bless her.
Big consolation, the super moon was still up and the sky had cleared.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
She looks content anyway Mike. A braw looking dog, hope it works out.

Back